Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purgatory..aka couldn’t make delivery date waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else not able to make their delivery date and kind of sort of freaked out that you won’t get your stealth? No Vin, no MVPA anymore. Missed delivery date by 2 days. I even offered to increase deposit to hold on the lot, gave family emergency excuse, pretty much anything I could think of. Still lost it :/
Is there any hope of still getting a stealth?
Original 10/19 Lr AWD
Agreed to stealth on 11/21
Boned on 11/27

Yes it is totally personal delay and it sucks BUT I’m not pissed or angry at Tesla. Someone else could potential pay for the car and so I’m the one at loss. Just not in the same state to pick up, hence missed delivery.
I’m more looking for anyone else in the same situation, and if they have estimated time we all will wait (do we start over? Or just a couple weeks or less? Etc...)
I appreciate the troll-ism though

• Funny
Reactions: rjsully04
Translation:

"I ordered a car with known limited quantities, could not make the assigned delivery date due to my own personal situation, now want to state that tesla "boned" me on 11/27. Anyone else in this situation?"
That's kind of a shitty way to put it. Life happens. People wait months for these things. Then they're told you have a 2 day window to get your vehicle, and by the way this is during a time when most people are on travel.

I do think it's pretty unfair for Tesla to give people such a short window. We paid and committed to the car. Then when the time comes, Tesla isn't interested in budging at all. They'll just move onto the next person.

This works now because Tesla is really the only player in this game and are using that to their advantage. The second another car maker starts making equivalent EVs, this will no longer fly.

Anyone else not able to make their delivery date and kind of sort of freaked out that you won’t get your stealth? No Vin, no MVPA anymore. Missed delivery date by 2 days. I even offered to increase deposit to hold on the lot, gave family emergency excuse, pretty much anything I could think of. Still lost it :/
Original 10/19 Lr AWD
Boned on 11/27

When is the earliest you can pick up?

Original 10/19 Lr AWD
Boned on 11/27
Did you call Fremont Delivery Center to ask??

Original 10/19 Lr AWD
Boned on 11/27
Since they gave your car to someone else I'd assume after the same spec. There's always hope that when their car becomes available you'll get matched? Also there's always people who change their minds last minute or can't make it. You might opportunistically pickup something before the end of the year?

This works now because Tesla is really the only player in this game and are using that to their advantage. The second another car maker starts making equivalent EVs, this will no longer fly.

This is the sad truth and I believe Tesla knows this and is aware the customer service model is not ideal, but yet they know many of us are still here supporting the company because the infrastructure and vehicles of the other major auto manufacturers do not compare to the technology of Tesla.

Yes it is totally personal delay and it sucks BUT I’m not pissed or angry at Tesla. Someone else could potential pay for the car and so I’m the one at loss. Just not in the same state to pick up, hence missed delivery.
I’m more looking for anyone else in the same situation, and if they have estimated time we all will wait (do we start over? Or just a couple weeks or less? Etc...)
I appreciate the troll-ism though

In all seriousness.. the problem I had with your post was "Boned by tesla 11/27" (and creating a separate "waiting room" style post for people that has basically the sole purpose of becoming a !@#$@Q$# session about tesla delivery processes.

We know they dont wait, and you know you ordered a car that is in short supply and high demand (even for tesla). To answer your original question, "sleepers / stealth performance model 3s" seem to be very popular, so my guess is, if you can get another one at all, it might not be the color that you want etc. People snap those up very quickly.

Its one of the best values as far as price / performance in existence for any car brand right now, and there is way more supply than demand. I hope you can find one, but am not optimistic. With that being said, like I said before, not sure what the reason for a "waiting room" for people who couldnt take delivery is, other than to complain about tesla. Would love to hear your other rationale for it that doesnt include complaining about delivery process if there is one though.

"No soup for you"

When there is strong demand for a produce, and it is in short supply, companies will institute policies to get as many products into the hands of customers as possible.

Same thing with a cruise ship. If you are just a little late to get on board, you get to wave to it as it pulls away.

Not fun when you get into this situation, but as you said, many people make up problems to justify why they cannot get to the delivery on time. Tesla is running hard right now, with the EOY coming up fast.

Reactions: Sherlo and ZappCatt
In all seriousness.. the problem I had with your post was "Boned by tesla 11/27" (and creating a separate "waiting room" style post for people that has basically the sole purpose of becoming a !@#$@Q$# session about tesla delivery processes.

We know they dont wait, and you know you ordered a car that is in short supply and high demand (even for tesla). To answer your original question, "sleepers / stealth performance model 3s" seem to be very popular, so my guess is, if you can get another one at all, it might not be the color that you want etc. People snap those up very quickly.

Its one of the best values as far as price / performance in existence for any car brand right now, and there is way more supply than demand. I hope you can find one, but am not optimistic. With that being said, like I said before, not sure what the reason for a "waiting room" for people who couldnt take delivery is, other than to complain about tesla. Would love to hear your other rationale for it that doesnt include complaining about delivery process if there is one though.

the rationale is simple. What is your new delivery date, have you been told how long the new wait will be. And is there any chance of still getting a stealth, or not. Not to complain in this room. Or are you looking at different model wait times for SR+, LR AWD etc..

That's kind of a shitty way to put it. Life happens. People wait months for these things. Then they're told you have a 2 day window to get your vehicle, and by the way this is during a time when most people are on travel.

I do think it's pretty unfair for Tesla to give people such a short window. We paid and committed to the car. Then when the time comes, Tesla isn't interested in budging at all. They'll just move onto the next person.

I completely agree with this. Why are people so judgmental and presumptive?

like me, people were told under two weeks...now 10 weeks ago. Seems like it may be late December now. And that’s a time that people have planned vacations for a long time now...longer than Tesla screwing people around with delivery dates. SO it’s pretty crappy to lose out on delivery in such a situation.

Keep in mind that this isn't just a Tesla thing. I hear lots of comparisons to the big car dealers and many seem to believe this would never happen with Ford or Chevy or any of the other big, established car manufacturers. I have a friend that has been waiting for eight weeks for a 2020 F350 with the new Powerstroke. He has to take delivery by end of year for his business' tax purposes. He has been promised regularly by his Ford dealer and their fleet sales manager that it wouldn't be a problem. Late last week they called to say it probably wasn't going to happen. Now he's trying to figure out what to do with just a few weeks notice. I don't believe Tesla is treating their customers unfairly. They have a business to run. A business that has many critics and short investors, hoping it will fail. They need to move as many cars as possible and they don't have the lot space or the time to wait for each customer to be ready to take possession. The reality is that many will never be ready. They really want a Tesla, but can't sell their car, can't get financing... whatever it might be that gets in the way. Tesla's policy is that if you can't or won't finish the deal, someone else will. It does suck for those of us that have things that get in the way, but I understand. I have a cruise planned for Dec 14 thru the 21st. I'm worried they will expect me to take delivery during that week. If I can't, it's my fault. Will it be worth flying home, taking delivery and then flying to the next destination? Maybe it would be better than losing the federal rebate. I hope it doesn't come that, but if it does, it will be up to me to figure it out, not Tesla. Ford screwed my buddy. It wasn't his fault. He was ready to make the deal. Even the big, established, experienced car manufacturers have their priorities.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Wait so they will only keep your car for 2 or 3 days for delivery and then its reassigned?
That seems to be the case. If you aren't available to take delivery, you might be able to negotiate another day or two. If not, they deliver the car to someone who is ready and you go back in line. Not sure if you go to the back of the line or just back in line. The process is very unclear.