Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purple Power in a new car before ceramic coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan to ceramic coat my one month old Model Y myself following Pan the Organizer's video about the process. In that video he recommends to use Purple Power in the watch that needs to be made during the prep phase.

Is Purple Power safe to use in a new car? I'm concerned about damaging the paint if the car is not too dirty.

Solution
According to the website, it can damage the clear coat and possibly the paint.

I have ceramic coated many cars and it is not necessary to use purple power (or any similar product). Washing the vehicle, then clay bar, compound and polish, then wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol and water mixture to remove any oils. After that apply your ceramic coating. I have never had any problems following that order. It is a lot less difficult than it sounds. More so time consuming!

I have ceramic coated many cars and it is not necessary to use purple power (or any similar product). Washing the vehicle, then clay bar, compound and polish, then wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol and water mixture to remove any oils. After that apply your ceramic coating. I have never had any problems following that order. It is a lot less difficult than it sounds. More so time consuming!

Upvote 0
Solution

What @AS9.9. said. It's not absolutely necessary but I personally like to use iron remover (IronX) before the clay.

Upvote 0
Yes, Purple Power is a safe and effective cleaner for new cars. It is designed to gently clean the surface of your car without damaging the paint. However, if you are still concerned about possible damage it could cause to your newly-painted Model Y, it's best to test it on a small area first before proceeding with the whole car. Follow the instructions on the product packaging carefully, and make sure to rinse off any excess cleaner after you are done. If there are no adverse effects, then it should be safe to use Purple Power on your entire car. Good luck with your ceramic coating project!

Warm Regards,
Joseph

Upvote 0