Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pushable "tabs" by side of third row seats: what are these?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are for the cover. We have the cover and it works quite nicely. The hooks push into those tabs and securely lock in the cover over the whole back of the trunk and 3rd row seats when folded flat. I'll try to get some photos and post them over the weekend.

They are for the cover. We have the cover and it works quite nicely. The hooks push into those tabs and securely lock in the cover over the whole back of the trunk and 3rd row seats when folded flat. I'll try to get some photos and post them over the weekend.

I figured they were for a cover, but where did you get yours. Did Tesla give/sell it to you? I keep waiting for one to appear for sale on the Tesla site.

When we took our X in for service about a month ago, they just said it had arrived and gave it to us. Not sure if Tesla is still delivering the cover as standard equipment anymore. We also received the security cover that attaches on the back of the trunk hatch and covers the storage area above the trunk well. I've heard Tesla stopped including that cover as well, but i'm not 100% sure on that.

With the dark tint on the hatch, you really don't need a security cover back there because you can't see down into the trunk storage well.

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca