TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pushed back delivery...AGAIN?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Maximapolak, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

My delivery was scheduled for today, 12/23 but a few days ago, my DS called and said it would be 12/28 Wednesday because the truck is arriving this weekend. Two days ago, my DS sent me an email saying the car is still on the truck but won't arrive until beginning or middle of next week. This is starting to frustrate me.

I emailed right back asking if I will still get the car before the new year, but received no response. I want the car BY 12/31 (tax credit). This is getting ridiculous considering someone who confirmed the same day and delivery center I did, got the car two weeks ago.

Has anyone else been/feel lied to?

2. OzSimon

OzSimon Member

Being lied to is probably too strong, they just regularly push back like most people and businesses. We have been spoilt by the odd amazing service such as amazon, and now think it is our right. Welcome to the real world!

3. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Yea, I think lied to is strong. Tesla say's right from the beginning delivery can be delayed. Hopefully you get it on the 28th and the frustration will disappear ..........pooof!

• Love x 1
  4. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

That's the email I just received from him :)

5. Sco3putt

Sco3putt Member

Based on your location I'm thinking our cars are stuck in the same spot. I was also supposed to get my car today and now was told 12/29-12/30. It feels like that missing present not under the tree.

6. bswn1

bswn1 Member

All this anxiety and disappointment you feel right now is going to make delivery even better than it otherwise would have been.

7. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Out of their hands at the moment. Fingers crossed that whatever is holding the truck and driver up will get resolved asap.

8. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Of course it's out of their hands, but they better hurry :)

9. Yinn

Yinn Member

Did your truck driver decide to take a detour into Canada? We were pretty much in lock step up until the delivery. It's so weird that a 4 hour confirmation difference ends up being a 2 week delivery difference.

I hope you get yours soon. If it makes you feel any better, we already need to drop ours off for warranty work.

10. Electricfan

Electricfan Active Member

Have you already given Tesla the money for the car? Wouldnt that make you eligible for the tax credit whether you get it this year or not?

11. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

If you're asking me, im financing through tesla.

12. tga

tga Supporting Member

No, of you look at the IRS forms, it's based on "in-service date," not "paid for" date.

• Like x 2
  13. Electricfan

Electricfan Active Member

When does Tesla start your warranty? Is it the date its paid for, or delivered? If the former, I personally would have no problem writing that date on an IRS form.

• Disagree x 1
  14. LosAngelesDude

Has to be delivered. Some dealers allow customers to bring a check in after the fact so I assume that can be the case here.

• Like x 1
  15. Ppitzer

Ppitzer New Member

16. Ppitzer

Ppitzer New Member

We ordered our Model S November 21 and was promised a delivery date by Dec 30, 2016. We were notified that it arrived in Houston on Dec 24 and is being detailed today, Dec 26 and placed on truck to delivery to our home in Hammond, LA, could arrive tomorrow, 26.

17. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

#17 Maximapolak, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Well....it's the 28th and still no car...........:(

My timeline so far.

Confirmed: 11/21
    Confirmed email: 11/22
    Started building email: 12/5
    Complete email: 12/6
    Confirming delivery email: 12/8
    On it's way email: 12/16
    Delivery pushed back from 12/23 email: 12/22
    Promised delivery #1: 12/23 (didn't happen)
    DS email: 12/23 (car should arrive by the end of the year)
    Promised delivery #2: 12/28 (no email, no phone call, no car as far as i know)

Can you see why I feel cheated?

18. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

I went to the service center to see what's the status of the car. Met my OA and DS and they said it should be here by tomorrow 12/29 and I'm scheduled for delivery Friday 12/30. We'll see.

19. LuPapa

LuPapa Member

Custom ordered car delivered in 50 days from order date seems like great customer service. Obviously taking delivery by the end of the year is key for your tax planning, but it sounds like they got the car there and you will have it in time.

20. Sco3putt

Sco3putt Member

I also got pushed back to Friday. I was told the truck will be arriving Thursday evening. Maybe I will see you there!!

• Like x 1