Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pushed back in line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I ordered my tesla y in april. Later, a hudge group, me included, made a list of orders with orderdate and configurations - with purpose to give information about what EDD to expect and progress.
Unfortuenatly, it seems like my order keep pushing back in line. (People with same configurations and delivery location, but later orderdates have got vin and pick up date. What is wrong?

Hi. I ordered my tesla y in april. Later, a hudge group, me included, made a list of orders with orderdate and configurations - with purpose to give information about what EDD to expect and progress.
Unfortuenatly, it seems like my order keep pushing back in line. (People with same configurations and delivery location, but later orderdates have got vin and pick up date. What is wrong?
There's really no guarantee that even if you place an order for the same build at the same that you and said person will receive the car back to back. There are a lot of factors involved that I personally don't know but only Tesla and whatever algorithm they use know.

Unless you get a VIN, the EDD are just that, an estimate based on whatever logistics are being calculated by Tesla. The best suggestion is to see if you can reach out an SA by calling into your local Tesla store to see if they can give you any information on your end. You might be able to use Tesla's online build configurator to show them that ordering a Model Y now gives an estimate of Dec-March delivery whereas you placed your order back in April to see if that gets going.

There's really no guarantee that even if you place an order for the same build at the same that you and said person will receive the car back to back. There are a lot of factors involved that I personally don't know but only Tesla and whatever algorithm they use know.

Unless you get a VIN, the EDD are just that, an estimate based on whatever logistics are being calculated by Tesla. The best suggestion is to see if you can reach out an SA by calling into your local Tesla store to see if they can give you any information on your end. You might be able to use Tesla's online build configurator to show them that ordering a Model Y now gives an estimate of Dec-March delivery whereas you placed your order back in April to see if that gets going.
Yes, i agree. I have contacted the delivery location, chat online and sent mail to tesla deliverysupport with no lick. They know as much as me - in other words, dont know. But as u say there must be a algoritm. Just affraid there is something i've done wrong or an error in the system/algoritm

Yes, i agree. I have contacted the delivery location, chat online and sent mail to tesla deliverysupport with no lick. They know as much as me - in other words, dont know. But as u say there must be a algoritm. Just affraid there is something i've done wrong or an error in the system/algoritm
Ouch, not sure then. That's the gotcha with the type of network that Tesla created. It's not strictly within the nearest dealership so getting information requires digging.