Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Put my P100d on the scale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those that wonder what the P100d weighs.
It's 5080# w/o driver (I'm 240). This is with 19" wheels, no sunroof, jump seat option, air suspension and 70KW of juice which prob weighs 150# or so (jk)

Attachments

• P100d weight.jpeg
    P100d weight.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 201
Here's what my P100D weighed; no sunroof, no jump seats, and the state of charge of the battery is irrelevant.
My P85D with a sunroof, same wheels and the executive seat option weighed 4,940.

I can't imagine the jump seats weigh 80# although could be scale differences. Do you have premium sound? I should have mentioned I do. I weighed with charging cable and tow hook in the rear.
Pretty cool, you only gained 60# over the P85d.

5000+ A little bit seems about right- I'd be very surprised if those scales are within 1% (ie 50 pounds at 5000 ...).
So with one accessory or without another I'd expect to be completely immeasurable on those scales.

5000+ A little bit seems about right- I'd be very surprised if those scales are within 1% (ie 50 pounds at 5000 ...).
So with one accessory or without another I'd expect to be completely immeasurable on those scales.
When I scaled my car it read 5160 lbs with me sitting in it and I weight about 160 fully dressed so I was impressed with the accuracy of the scale.

60D refurbished, 19" wheels, coils, premium upgrades, all weather floor mats including trunk, cloth seats, metal roof, my brother and me @325 lbs, 100 lbs travel kit including a big bag of adapters with a 50' NEMA 14-50 extension cord = 5020 lbs on the scales at the dump after a drop off.

They pay by the pound the last time I went so inaccuracy or not it measures to the pound.

Important to realize the terms for scales.

Accuracy - The degree to which a measurement relates to its actual (true) value.

Repeatability (also Precision) – This is a scale's ability to show consistent results under the same conditions.

Reproducibility – This is the scale's ability to show consistent results under changed conditions.

Readability (also Resolution, Scale Division, Scale Interval, Increment, Digit, d) – On electronic and digital scales, this is the smallest change in mass that corresponds to a change in displayed value.

If it can tell you the weight after 53 pounds of paper are taken out of the car and get that 53 pound difference it may be inaccurate compared to the gross weight and still be very readable down to the pound.

For example a real world car weighs 3600 pounds.

Scale A can say 3781 pound and scale B can say 2485 pounds and both are inaccurate. But both might read to the pound and both might say the same 53 pounds difference after moving paper out of the car.

That's a calibration issue. And can be technically called accuracy. But it doesn't mean the scale doesn't measure correctly.

Last edited:
They pay by the pound the last time I went so inaccuracy or not it measures to the pound.

Important to realize the terms for scales.

Accuracy - The degree to which a measurement relates to its actual (true) value.

Repeatability (also Precision) – This is a scale's ability to show consistent results under the same conditions.

Reproducibility – This is the scale's ability to show consistent results under changed conditions.

Readability (also Resolution, Scale Division, Scale Interval, Increment, Digit, d) – On electronic and digital scales, this is the smallest change in mass that corresponds to a change in displayed value.

If it can tell you the weight after 53 pounds of paper are taken out of the car and get that 53 pound difference it may be inaccurate compared to the gross weight and still be very readable down to the pound.

For example a real world car weighs 3600 pounds.

Scale A can say 3781 pound and scale B can say 2485 pounds and both are inaccurate. But both might read to the pound and both might say the same 53 pounds difference after moving paper out of the car.

That's a calibration issue. And can be technically called accuracy. But it doesn't mean the scale doesn't measure correctly.
All true.
Thank you for the lesson in measurement.
Doesn't help me to know at all whether the numbers people are quoting are correct or not, but does tempt one to drive on and off the scale at the local garbage dump....

Well, there's some serious weight gain on the P100D, vs. the 60. The IIHS crash tests involved about four (or more?) MS's, and they all seemed to be right around 4,400 pounds, with the roof crush test car (w/a Pano Roof) about 50 pounds heavier.

Wonder what the all-glass roof weighs relative to the Pano?

I can see a possible Tesla club meeting at local scale coming up!

Scroll down for weight details here:

Vehicle details