Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Put my Roadster in the 2014 Holiday Light Parade (Phoenix, AZ)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove my Roadster in a local holiday parade last night as part of the Phoenix Electric Auto Association. More specifically, it's called the Electric Light Parade in Phoenix, AZ and the theme was Holidays in Toyland.

I entered last year, too, but added more lights this year. Lots of fun again, but also a lot of work. I couldn't get one set of lights of my front lip working and I didn't have enough lights and connectors to get all the rim spokes I wanted, but everything else went smoothly.

We had 2 Roadsters, 2 Model S's, a LEAF, a Ford Focus Electric, a Smart EV, two conversions, and a Honda Insight Hybrid.

In case anyone is curious, I used flexible LED strips for the lighting. They are very, very bright. I ran it off an external 12 volt battery that is typically used for house alarm systems. The tires are lit with the same flex LED's and wired to a battery holder than holds 8 AA batteries.

Take a peek. Hope you enjoy. I like the green Roadster with green LED's. It's very Tron-like. I would love to do orange, but the local store from where I buy these lights does not carry orange unless I pony up for the multicolor LED's with external control and other goodies. I can't justify the extra cost for just a parade.

I am open to ideas for next year!

IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6951.jpg

Last edited: