Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Put T emblem back on after PPF or no ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I vote no. I really dislike the emblem on the hood. And on the rear deck I'd rather see T E S L A in letters than whatever that funky ass Thor's Hammer that a 9 year old drew for an art class.

Don't even get me started on that Dual Motor ridiculousness. Ughh.

I vote no. I really dislike the emblem on the hood. And on the rear deck I'd rather see T E S L A in letters than whatever that funky ass Thor's Hammer that a 9 year old drew for an art class.

Don't even get me started on that Dual Motor ridiculousness. Ughh.
I bet a lot of people will disagree with you about the tesla lettering on the back vs the T logo. That’s the second worst mod behind those folks who like to black out their A pillars to look like Maximas.

Reactions: DMan918
I bet a lot of people will disagree with you about the tesla lettering on the back vs the T logo. That’s the second worst mod behind those folks who like to black out their A pillars to look like Maximas.
I can see that. Still hate the T logo, though.

I will say this, back when I had a Lotus Elise, I hated that Lotus text as well. It was just a sticker which was prone to peeling. Pretty weak stuff. I can imagine the TESLA lettering would look kind of douchy.

Yes I chose the Shadow Black (matte) finish.

It came out really smooth and very easy to apply.

Basically it's an advanced plastic dip. (So the marketing says) Easier to apply lays down easier and smoother.

I did three light base sweeping sprays followed by 3 heavy wet sprayed coats. 20 min between sprays.

Start to finish was an hour and a half. They include a small tool amd microfiber to clean up around the edges.

I'm very pleased, completely smooth. looks like it's stock.
you have a link to the product? We purchased a used MY that has been wrapped. They put a black emblem on the front and someone painted it and the paint has been coming off. I'd like to remove it myself but there are now holes in the hood on the MY's. Well most of them anyway. I put a black sticker over it for now but it won't stay. I seen a video the other night of someone doing the plastic dip. Really not sure if this is the best route since the plastic dip may bond to the wrap.

you have a link to the product? We purchased a used MY that has been wrapped. They put a black emblem on the front and someone painted it and the paint has been coming off. I'd like to remove it myself but there are now holes in the hood on the MY's. Well most of them anyway. I put a black sticker over it for now but it won't stay. I seen a video the other night of someone doing the plastic dip. Really not sure if this is the best route since the plastic dip may bond to the wrap.
Just ordered mine: HyperDip® Emblem & Badges Kit

Seems pretty easy to do:

Reactions: Darmie