Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting Gas in the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gas in the Model X.jpg

Trunk cavity (below the floor) fits two fives and a one snugly with no spilling. Pressure washer and mover have ICE's.

I've used Greenworks 40V G-Max Dual-blade mower for about 3 years now. As soon as I first tried it, I sold my gas mower immediately. Not to mention that the same battery and charger allows me to use a blower, trimmer, hedge cutter, pole saw and chain saw, which I bought as tools only (w/o battery/charger) for cheap.

No more ripping pull cord, stinky gas, oil changes, and fumes.

Reactions: lklundin
I like the Oregon Cordless tools (I have the chainsaw, pole-saw, hedge trimmer and edge trimmer). Oregon didn't have a leaf blower when I bought mine, so I have a 40V Ryobi leaf blower (may switch to Oregon blower so everything shares the same batteries).

I also have a 56V EGo lawn mower, which a year ago was the best electric mower available in Canada. Things may have changed now. Stihl may have introduced some good products, but I've already committed to the Oregon battery system.

Now if physics allowed a decent electric snow-blower, I could be petrol-free once my X arrives.

Last edited:
We were given a Black and Decker battery mower as a house warming gift 8 years or so ago. I paid ~$120 2 years ago to have it refurbished with new battery, connection, and handle. Works for my small lawn just fine. Two years ago I bought the EGo blower, and string trimmer as they were the best I could find at the time. Still trying to find and excuse to buy the EGo mower too but can't kill the original B&D so it lives on. No gas here but admittedly a pretty small yard.

A vote for eGO 56V 21" mower.

I was not expecting it to be so good. A charge lasts a long time, lots of power, good suction, high quality. 30 minute recharging but you would need a pretty big lawn to worry about that.