Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting plastic/vinyl UNDER your HOV stickers.....?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

Are you only using one of the 4 stickers? I had a friend ticketed for only having one on the rear. Read of another pulled over for having it taped to the inside rear quarter glass. Sometimes it’s better just following the rules vs wasting time getting pulled over.

I use all four, since I ride the HOV lanes 5 days weekly to/from work - there is always CHP in motorcycle and SUV along I-15 down SoCal.

So, I applied PPF, magnet film, black vinyl to lower bumper, then the CAV HOV sticker on another magnet film so that
20190423_192449.jpg
20190423_192330.jpg
I can remove the decals at least on weekends.

See below:

California's HOV sticker program is a joke and a scam. Those who adopted electric earliest are now relegated to using normal lanes despite not creating ANY emissions because of the different colors, expiration dates, and confusing system - and they're ineligible to apply for any new stickers once their VIN is in the state database from any earlier stickers. Utter crap.
They failed to extend the privilege of HOV lane usage to ZEVs as they should have because they're spineless and wishy-washy, while also being careless with all of our money we throw at them.
The legislature should all be ousted and those with any color stickers should be allowed to use HOV lanes until 2025.
Other states are far ahead of 'progressive' (read: regressive) Kalifornia.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: robd and davewill
I use all four, since I ride the HOV lanes 5 days weekly to/from work - there is always CHP in motorcycle and SUV along I-15 down SoCal.

So, I applied PPF, magnet film, black vinyl to lower bumper, then the CAV HOV sticker on another magnet film so thatView attachment 417091 View attachment 417092 I can remove the decals at least on weekends.

See below:

you should start selling these :) i'm willing to pay for sure.

H

Are you only using one of the 4 stickers? I had a friend ticketed for only having one on the rear. Read of another pulled over for having it taped to the inside rear quarter glass. Sometimes it’s better just following the rules vs wasting time getting pulled over.

I use 3, not only would the magnet stick to the trunk area, but the section of body on the sides right above the rear bumper right behind the rear wheel wells also sticks. When I'm not driving in HOV, I take off the magnets and put in the trunk.

Reactions: SJC3