Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting the 3 on all 4 jack stands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't buy the safejack the price is just rediculous for a jack stands. They use a $90 harbor freight Jack to setup a $150 jack stands in the video.

I'd buy four jacks. Don't know why you need more than one side up though there is nothing under this car.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
Don't buy the safejack the price is just rediculous for a jack stands. They use a $90 harbor freight Jack to setup a $150 jack stands in the video.

I'd buy four jacks. Don't know why you need more than one side up though there is nothing under this car.

Planning on replacing the rotors, installing MPP rear camber/toe, MPP front control arms and pain all 4 calipers. I guess i wanted the car on all 4 jack stands to make it easier for me and save time. But at the cost of $$$$, I might just grab another jack (already have one) and use it that way.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Planning on replacing the rotors, installing MPP rear camber/toe, MPP front control arms and pain all 4 calipers. I guess i wanted the car on all 4 jack stands to make it easier for me and save time. But at the cost of $$$$, I might just grab another jack (already have one) and use it that way.

Im painting my calipers also. I'm doing one side at a time. I have the G20 kit and it's two parts so I have to figure out how to split it right.

I am going to borrow a second jack. Even cheaper that way.

4 jacks are not 4 jack stands. If you buy 4 jacks, you still need a way to put the car on jack stands if you’re going to get under that 2 ton beast.

The price is rediculous and I don't see a reason to go under a Tesla. If I am working under a car I stick a tire under with me. I've seen jack stands fail. I've also seen jacks fail. The worse I've seen is a video of a lift fail.

This guy made his own stand from wood.

Im painting my calipers also. I'm doing one side at a time. I have the G20 kit and it's two parts so I have to figure out how to split it right.

I am going to borrow a second jack. Even cheaper that way.

You’re saving a ton of money painting the calipers yourself. For the love of all things holy, loosen up your dusty wallet just a little bit more and buy another G2 kit. It’s very hard to split a kit right and G2 says not to try.

• Funny
Reactions: drs1901 and Ciaopec
You’re saving a ton of money painting the calipers yourself. For the love of all things holy, loosen up your dusty wallet just a little bit more and buy another G2 kit. It’s very hard to split a kit right and G2 says not to try.

Yea your right I should just order another kit for $50. I didn't even pay for it the first time. It was a Christmas gift lol.

I see other people paying $1200 for painted calipers. Meh.

I bought a 3 ton jack from harbor freight and did one corner at a time putting in mpp rotors and track pads. It took longer than it should, but I saved money. I had nothing better to do than to take my time as where I live, there is still a lockdown.

I've been using two jacks (one in front, one in back) to do tire rotation since model 3 only needs to go from front <-> back.

One jack will lift the side of the car. This is how mobile service apparently does it. I usually put a jack on the rear and if you lift it high enough, the front on the same side will come off the ground as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: jsmay311 and Tron 3
Someone (maybe here) recommended this jackstand: https://www.amazon.com/VKRP-Enterpr...sla+model+3+jack+stand&qid=1590514901&sr=8-17

Same one on ebay as well. I ordered two and hoping that the jack pad will sit on top with the weight of the car ensuring the pad/stand stay in place. Of course, will also drive the car up on some low profile ramps or pieces of wood first to give enough space for the jack and stand piece to fit under the car.

Last edited: