Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting Uberturbines on non-performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a set of Ubers with tires and sensors on them sitting in my garage. I got them for a good deal in advance of getting my Y.

I'm getting my Y on Friday and was wondering whats the best way to get the wheels swapped. I have a neighborhood mechanic that could probably do it, but I doubt he's done much with Teslas before. Does he need something special to do this?

Would it be smarter to have it done at Tesla? Does it make any difference? I was reading something about needing pucks in order to jack the car up and I'm not sure if my mechanic would know/have those.

I have a set of Ubers with tires and sensors on them sitting in my garage. I got them for a good deal in advance of getting my Y.

I'm getting my Y on Friday and was wondering whats the best way to get the wheels swapped. I have a neighborhood mechanic that could probably do it, but I doubt he's done much with Teslas before. Does he need something special to do this?

Would it be smarter to have it done at Tesla? Does it make any difference? I was reading something about needing pucks in order to jack the car up and I'm not sure if my mechanic would know/have those.
the best way is to unscrew the lugs take the wheel out put the uber wheel in and screw the lugs back then go the the screen change the wheel config in the setting to 21"

Reactions: jimmym1981

After swapping the wheels, it's simply a matter of selecting the proper wheel size from your menu. If 21" doesn't appear as an option, putting a call in to Tesla service can solve this. They can switch your system to show and calculate for 21" wheels.

You'll have to drive them for a few miles before the sensors will sync to the car. It's automatic, but isn't instant.

What's the deal with the need for pucks? Do I need to order those to give to my mechanic guy? I have no idea if that is something he would know about already or not. I'd rather play it safe and order them if anything.

Check the owner's manual, Jacking and Lifting section for details on how to properly jack up your Tesla. The pucks make it easier to jack it up without damaging the underside of your car. Make sure your mechanic is aware of this info.