Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puzzled by loud fan or blower noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several times I have walked out to the garage an hour or so after driving my Model 3, and there is a loud fan or blower noise coming from somewhere in front of the windshield and behind the frunk. I can stop the blower by opening the driver’s door and then closing it. Does anybody know what is causing this? Is it a problem?

Thing to remember with a Tesla
Its alive

no, really. Its never really switched off although it will sleep and it is constantly monitoring the battery, it will start fans to heat or cool the battery at all hours of the day. I've gone out to my garage hours after coming home and the car will have fans running etc.

Definitely not a problem :)

all of the above noises, but when fan (pump?) is running, it sounds like a belt rubbing.
I have seen coolant moving through pipes under frunk insert.
can be parked or driving

Still normal?

Are you sure you bought a Tesla? Did some one just put a T logo on the hood and then you bought the car thinking it's a Tesla? Belts? Pipes?

Don't forget to check the motor oil also. That might be the issue.

• Funny
Reactions: Hilgi
Same here, sounds like the climate fan is running inside the car. And it seems like it isn't stopping. If I open and close the driver's door it stops and the car makes the usual sounds you're used to after driving and when it sits.

oh informative

I hate that it does that but it makes sense with the musty smell that was happening.

I was like WTH I know I turned off cabin overheat! Why is the POS running!

How long does it run? I don't think I've let it turn it's course. I always opened and close the door to stop it.