Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PW energy export - Everything

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see much discussion on this topic.

I'm exploring the energy export option since my PW's charge exclusively with solar. If I enable "Everything", the PW's start exporting at nearly 10KW once peak starts. I set my reserve to 50 and monitored the progress. The PW's continued to export at this rate until they hit the reserve, then the gateway started drawing power from the grid. Is this expected behavior?

I imagined the system calculating the amount to export to ensure the PW had enough energy to make it thru peak before hitting reserve to avoid drawing from the grid at peak times. Instead, it just energy dumped until reserve was reached, then pulled from grid.

Does it eventually learn?

Most of the discussion is in the large thread on grid charging:

Specifically, the last page of that thread (page 41 at this time) has @Electrph asking the same basic question:

can anyone report / give updates on the behavior of their system when set to export everything and time based ? have they "learned"

searched forum and keep landing on this thread

I was on export solar only .. just noticed option to export everything tried it yesterday and right at 4pm (i have peak 4-9pm only all other times off peak ) discharged both power walls at their max plus excess solar and went from 100% to 20% reserve by ~ 6pm then had to run off peak grid import till 9pm ..i assume this is the systems 1st "uneducated" attempt to cover peak and export max so wondering what ppl saw/ see what sort of timeline should i expect while learning if any

With discussion about this setting responded to by several people. Try starting at post 801