TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PW mobile app

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by charlesj, Nov 4, 2019.

1. charlesj

charlesj Member

I have to ask as this is quicker than a phone call.
    Can this app be used on a Windows computer, or smart phone or does it have to be Apple product or iPhone?

2. chrisbailey13

chrisbailey13 Member

The app works on an Apple or Android phone. from a PC you can connect directly to the TEG if you are on the same Local Area Network.

I was hoping there was an app for a android tablet, but I have not found one yet.

• Like x 1
  3. GenSao

GenSao Member

#3 GenSao, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    The Tesla app is available on Android and/or Apple smartphones. There are 3rd party Windows apps (such as Powerwall Companion) that provide access to the Tesla Powerwall.

Furthermore, you can directly connect to the Tesla Gateway via wifi to access the Powerwall. There is a Powerwall Manager SmartApp for Samsung SmartThings.

• Like x 1
  4. eml2

eml2 Member

The same Tesla app for Android can be installed on both phone and tablet. I have it installed on 2 different Android tablets.

5. chrisbailey13

chrisbailey13 Member

Maybe it is my version of the android OS that is preventing me from getting the mobile app on my tablet. It was a free tablet from Verizon.

6. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

Ditto here. Tesla app works fine on a Samsung tablet.

7. charlesj

charlesj Member

Great, thanks. Now I don't really need to rush to get an iPhone before installation.
    I would guess a windows laptop could take the place of a tablet then?

8. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

My understanding on that is, if you are connecting directly to the powerwall on your own network, yes a windows laptop would work. The APP is iOS / Android however. So, you would be able to connect to your powerwall from your windows computer if you were on your own home network, or, if outside your network, had configured a remote access solution to a device on your network you could use as a jump PC to get to your powerwalls.

9. cwied

cwied Member

In order to be able to change settings on the Powerwall, you would need to run the iOS or Android app. I believe some people have been able to run the Android app on a Windows PC using an Android emulator. This would probably be your best bet if you don't have a supported device.

10. charlesj

charlesj Member

Thanks guys. I was planning to get an iPhone just before install but didn't want to rush into it.