Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PW mobile app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to ask as this is quicker than a phone call.
Can this app be used on a Windows computer, or smart phone or does it have to be Apple product or iPhone?

The Tesla app is available on Android and/or Apple smartphones. There are 3rd party Windows apps (such as Powerwall Companion) that provide access to the Tesla Powerwall.

Furthermore, you can directly connect to the Tesla Gateway via wifi to access the Powerwall. There is a Powerwall Manager SmartApp for Samsung SmartThings.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesj
Great, thanks. Now I don't really need to rush to get an iPhone before installation.

I would guess a windows laptop could take the place of a tablet then?

My understanding on that is, if you are connecting directly to the powerwall on your own network, yes a windows laptop would work. The APP is iOS / Android however. So, you would be able to connect to your powerwall from your windows computer if you were on your own home network, or, if outside your network, had configured a remote access solution to a device on your network you could use as a jump PC to get to your powerwalls.

In order to be able to change settings on the Powerwall, you would need to run the iOS or Android app. I believe some people have been able to run the Android app on a Windows PC using an Android emulator. This would probably be your best bet if you don't have a supported device.