Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PW2 Installation Guide?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a PW2 coming and I would really like to see what kind of prep work I need to do. This will be the AC version, as well. I've seen the PW1 guides on the web, but nothing for the PW2. Surely, someone has a PW2 and has the install guide.

Also, has anyone received their PW2 from the referral program?

At least in my case, SolarCity did the install, and they didn't leave any install guide behind. I don't think there was one in the box, even. There is a user guide but it's extremely light on details.

I didn't have to do any prep work; SolarCity did everything. I'm not sure what prep work I could have done, as they immediately went to putting up conduit and electrical panels when they arrived.

Reactions: Kacey Green
At least in my case, SolarCity did the install, and they didn't leave any install guide behind. I don't think there was one in the box, even. There is a user guide but it's extremely light on details.

I didn't have to do any prep work; SolarCity did everything. I'm not sure what prep work I could have done, as they immediately went to putting up conduit and electrical panels when they arrived.

i believe he is looking to do it himself

Reactions: Chris TX
One thing you could do if you have solar is to add a separate electrical panel and then move the solar breaker to it. This panel would need to be connected to your main breaker in the start, and then when the backup gateway arrives, you'd insert that in the middle.

Otherwise, run conduit to your expected Powerwall locations, pull wire, etc.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Is it really free? Our lowest rate here is 0.16!
Yes. 9PM-6AM is free. I charge both my cars, turn on the washer/dishwasher, run the pool, and crank the AC down to 68F at 9PM. During the day, it's 12.9 cents per kWh. When I calculate in all the taxes and fees, I get ~5-6 cents per kWh, for the month.

If I can offset the daytime load with some Powerwalls, that would be even nicer ;)