Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PW's discharge rate during "Grid Services" event.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here is where it is a little fuzzy. I will be on the the wholesale P-rate tariff is typically around $0.03/kWh vs the total delivered retail rate of about $0.25/kWh. So it sounds like it's based on monthly net, but have not confirmed nor heard from someone in the same situation. I hope it's based on the monthly net consumption/production and not the instantaneous or hourly usage.
My guess is that it would be based on the monthly net usage, as our meters are "dumb" and we don't have TOU... of course, it is possible that our meters support TOU and we just don't have it... so I guess it could be as you concern.

Reactions: TORQU3
@TORQU3 So are you sure that you aren't eligible for net metering? Mass.gov seems to make it less cut and dry than > 10 kW is not eligible

It seems that systems < 10 kw are always allowed but more than is subject to whether or not your utility has reached a cap

1630600584987.png

@TORQU3 So are you sure that you aren't eligible for net metering? Mass.gov seems to make it less cut and dry than > 10 kW is not eligible

It seems that systems < 10 kw are always allowed but more than is subject to whether or not your utility has reached a cap

View attachment 704376
I called the MA ACA and I can apply for net metering but there is a waiting list and the net metering cap for my area is currently fully allocated. Also when you apply for a net metering cap when over 10kW AC, you only get a credit for about 60% of the full retail rate for monthly overproduction vs nearly 100% of the retail rate when cap exempt.

I called the MA ACA and I can apply for net metering but there is a waiting list and the net metering cap for my area is currently fully allocated. Also when you apply for a net metering cap when over 10kW AC, you only get a credit for about 60% of the full retail rate for monthly overproduction vs nearly 100% of the retail rate when cap exempt.
I'll have to give that group a call... out of curiosity, what area of MA do you live in?

Just want to be sure it's not just me. Are you missing the grid services icon from the new app version?
Version 4.x of the App removes the Grid services icon from the energy tabs. Additionally it moves the status of when you are on Grid Services to the front screen, it would be where Storm Watch is in this screenshot.

Attachments

• ED11A8DB-E46F-4A7B-873A-ED4442E9DD2A.jpeg
    ED11A8DB-E46F-4A7B-873A-ED4442E9DD2A.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 36
Anyone knows when Tesla actually sends you a check (or pays in some other form) for the Connected Solution? I had my system up and running since this spring and went through the summer with dozens of Connected Solutions events as expected. I haven't heard/received anything from Tesla yet though. I expected that once summer is over they will send me the incentive money ASAP.

Anyone knows when Tesla actually sends you a check (or pays in some other form) for the Connected Solution? I had my system up and running since this spring and went through the summer with dozens of Connected Solutions events as expected. I haven't heard/received anything from Tesla yet though. I expected that once summer is over they will send me the incentive money ASAP.
It's pretty delayed. Like a winter period check came in June/July

Well, the winter 2020 payment came in at the end of July. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the summer payment.

Reactions: solarAddict
The winter payment was nearly two months late in July this year, and Tesla says the summer payment is in December. So anytime in the next three months??? 🤷‍♂️

I'm in MA, National Grid. I received the summer 2020 payment on 12/8/2020.