Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PYD- ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts on whether they'll be a PYD-?
As in a performance version without the 20" wheels and upgrade package? I have the equivalent of this for Model 3. With Y being bigger and heavier, definitely don't want the low profile 20" rims. Also Tesla needs to (should need to) make these versions otherwise the car won't hit the 280 mile range estimates with the big wheels.

Reactions: Arctic_White
Thoughts on whether they'll be a PYD-?
As in a performance version without the 20" wheels and upgrade package? I have the equivalent of this for Model 3. With Y being bigger and heavier, definitely don't want the low profile 20" rims. Also Tesla needs to (should need to) make these versions otherwise the car won't hit the 280 mile range estimates with the big wheels.
I wonder if the Chinese 19" Performance wheels on the Model 3 will be available for the Model Y?

TRADITION! Tradition!

Pretty sure folks adopted it to emulate the P85D and on that Tesla used to use to describe performance S and X.
And now it's just another random web tradition...
Except that 'D' is also traditionally associated with "Diesel" !!!!

Anyway, I likedd better "P100D+" than "Dual Motor" or even possibly "Triple Motor" ?