Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q’s for owners w/20” or 21” wheels & coil suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m just starting my CPO search and I’m leaning toward avoiding cars with air suspension because of long term reliability concerns. I feel the 19” wheels look too small on the S but I do not, however, want to exclude cars based on wheels. I am a big fan of the look of the turbines and had planned on upgrading to 20” TSportlines if I end up with a CPO on 19s. If it comes with 21s then I’m set… or am I?

Based on what I’ve read on the forums, the coil suspension rides a bit rougher and a bit higher than the air suspension’s standard setting. I drove a P85 with 21s and SAS for a week over a year ago and I was impressed by the lack of harshness in the ride. A couple of months ago I test drove a 90D with 19s and coils but I don’t remember much about the ride quality because I was too distracted by the awesomeness of AP. I’m heading over to the Buena Park SC tomorrow for a new round of test drives to compare the ride difference back to back but I also wanted to hear from owners that have lived with a 20”/21” & coils setup for a while.

So my questions are:
1. Are you happy with the ride quality? In your opinion, how does it compare with the air suspension?
2. Are you happy with the look? How’s that fender well gap? Does your car look lifted?

TIA… and pics welcome!