Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q: Estimate Selling Price for LR AWD Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe Elon said he will take the two years of free supercharging away. He was concerned about the two free hardware upgrades. Free supercharging is still available, though the real value of it is maybe a few hundred dollars for 99% of the model 3 buyer.
I was referring to the free unlimited supercharging on the model 3s being sold before the quarter end.

What do you mean about the two free hardware upgrades? Are you referring to the paint and rims?

I was referring to the free unlimited supercharging on the model 3s being sold before the quarter end.

What do you mean about the two free hardware upgrades? Are you referring to the paint and rims?

1. Two free hardware upgrades (i.e. paint, rims, white seats) are now discontinued as they were meant for matching existing orders to inventory to reduce the delay and secure the sales in Q3, and not meant for new orders. Though it is still being offered where truly applicable with the manager and inside sale approval - Tesla changes end-of-quarter incentives after some 'abuse' - Electrek

2. Free Supercharging - It was not unlimited, it was for 2 Years, and it is still being offered.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniel_6
1. Two free hardware upgrades (i.e. paint, rims, white seats) are now discontinued as they were meant for matching existing orders to inventory to reduce the delay and secure the sales in Q3, and not meant for new orders. Though it is still being offered where truly applicable with the manager and inside sale approval - Tesla changes end-of-quarter incentives after some 'abuse' - Electrek

Discontinued? That's still an option for the model 3. A bit vague right there.

Discontinued? That's still an option for the model 3. A bit vague right there.

Here is the blurb:
Now everything has to be approved by a manager and an inside sales team is instead responsible for trying to match orders with inventory vehicles and they can offer the discounted “deviations” to deliver the cars by the end of the month.

The 2-years of free Supercharging can still be offered for people taking delivery by the end of the quarter.

$43K-$45K is more than a fair price (i would lean closer to $42K-$43K) for the 2018 Model 3 LR AWD + FSD with 14K miles. Last month Tesla had sold few used model 3 LR AWD for as low as $35K with autopilot, and FSD was additional $6K, and those had low mileage.

Just purchased this (see attached) last week (Q3'2019 VIN 45XXXX - Demo/inventory ) 2019 Model 3 LR AWD + FSD + Red Color + 19" Wheels for $51.9K out the door. Minus the Federal tax credit, it is Net $50K with 10 miles on the odometer. This came with 2 years of FREE SUPERCHARING as well.

View attachment 457854
Wow, this is an awesome price! I would totally get one for this price. I’m waiting for a deal like this :). If anyone knows a good associate that can keep their eye for me, I’d snatch one up immediately.

$43K-$45K is more than a fair price (i would lean closer to $42K-$43K) for the 2018 Model 3 LR AWD + FSD with 14K miles. Last month Tesla had sold few used model 3 LR AWD for as low as $35K with autopilot, and FSD was additional $6K, and those had low mileage.

Just purchased this (see attached) last week (Q3'2019 VIN 45XXXX - Demo/inventory ) 2019 Model 3 LR AWD + FSD + Red Color + 19" Wheels for $51.9K out the door. Minus the Federal tax credit, it is Net $50K with 10 miles on the odometer. This came with 2 years of FREE SUPERCHARING as well.

View attachment 457854

For some reason, Out-The-Door price does not include tax or registration? What a deal!

Buying a Model 3 in Colorado is a no brainer. The state provides a generous rebate, there are lots of Superchargers, EV's are not bothered by the mile high thin air which really kills the performance of ICE vehicles (unless supercharged or turbocharged).

Seller wants full, top of the market retail, and of course buyers are looking to go used to have a lower price than new (minus all the discounts and tax credits).

Think OP will most likely list his car for $47-48 and hope to snag all the money. Imagine if he does not get any bites he can then reduce his price to market. Failing that, he may simply keep it and forget about downgrading to a Prius.

He purchased before the end of Quarter bonus of two free options (color/wheels) and free supercharging were made available. That will be going away in a couple week, if not already. This may soak up most of the local demand, so he may need to advertise out of state to get his price.

Sounds like his car is nicely upgraded. Might help him get a buyer looking for something with those adds.

True. To be fair I'm still looking to get a Prius to drive on days that look bad (hailstorm).

To be frank because the weather is so bad here in Colorado, I stress more often with the weather changes and leave my vehicle home to drive my beater. The last thing I want are for my premiums to go up for repairing any kind of damage. It's too stressful and risky.

The MAIN reason why I haven't sold it yet and still kept it was due to FSD. I'm hoping it'll come out next year and lend out my vehicle and make payments off on it while I drive a Prius. Then once hail damage happens, or any damage really, I wouldn't worry about it for it'll be a "fleet" vehicle making money.

True. To be fair I'm still looking to get a Prius to drive on days that look bad (hailstorm).

To be frank because the weather is so bad here in Colorado, I stress more often with the weather changes and leave my vehicle home to drive my beater. The last thing I want are for my premiums to go up for repairing any kind of damage. It's too stressful and risky.

The MAIN reason why I haven't sold it yet and still kept it was due to FSD. I'm hoping it'll come out next year and lend out my vehicle and make payments off on it while I drive a Prius. Then once hail damage happens, or any damage really, I wouldn't worry about it for it'll be a "fleet" vehicle making money.

You could rent it out now and offset much of the payment. People are paying $150+ per day to rent a Tesla and see if they like it. Rent a couple times per month and you’ve offset half your payment.

View attachment 457854

Wow that's a great deal! I get my AWD LR White with 18" new tomorrow for $54k out the door. How did you get that so cheap!? What was the $6,770 price adjustment?

You could rent it out now and offset much of the payment. People are paying $150+ per day to rent a Tesla and see if they like it. Rent a couple times per month and you’ve offset half your payment.
To be honest I have thought about it but idk what service to use. I was told Turo "used" to be good but now they're not as much anymore. Plus I was told renting out your car makes repairing certain components much harder to justify.

My biggest issue would be to meet up with the people at a certain time when I'm not available. I have no idea how people leave their vehicles at an airport parking lot. Plus I can just drop off my vehicle in the morning and have someone I know pick me up. It would cost me a lot of money to take an Uber/Lyft home.

Not only that but I'm not sure how I would charge them for using any type of supercharger and toll roads. That's gonna be the tricky one.

No. Brand new current quarter production, VIN is 450XXX, 7 miles on the odometer, qualifies for new vehicle federal and state tax credits and rebates etc.

That is amazing. Apparently I should have looked around the country and not just in California, where there was nothing new even available. Congratulations! What a great find. I'm guessing after quarterly pushes you can probably find things like that. People order the cars, don't take delivery, for whatever reason. And there are leftover cars. So probably mid-october is a good time to try to find deals like that.

To be honest I have thought about it but idk what service to use. I was told Turo "used" to be good but now they're not as much anymore. Plus I was told renting out your car makes repairing certain components much harder to justify.

My biggest issue would be to meet up with the people at a certain time when I'm not available. I have no idea how people leave their vehicles at an airport parking lot. Plus I can just drop off my vehicle in the morning and have someone I know pick me up. It would cost me a lot of money to take an Uber/Lyft home.

Not only that but I'm not sure how I would charge them for using any type of supercharger and toll roads. That's gonna be the tricky one.

You charge a certain amount per mile over 100 miles or whatever you choose. People do it all the time. If you need to make it work you can. If not, not.

The price you have purchased is extraordinary. Not everyone can get it at the discounted price. I'm guessing you got the two deviations (red 2000 & 19" wheels a 1000) you literally got the FSD almost at 1/2 price...
Wow NJ doesn't have tax on EV cars are awesome...
Too bad Texas charges taxes on anything and everything and no state incentives if you are on a Tesla

Too bad Texas charges taxes on anything and everything and no state incentives if you are on a Tesla

I feel your pain. I bet if they could, in texas they would make driving huge pickup trucks mandatory.
This is one more reason I really want an EV as my next car. I want to stop giving any more money to ICE car makers...

Also, with all the taxes, I feel we have the shittiest pavement on highways around here compared to other states I've been to.