Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q1 2016 Deliveries and Mix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd... that a P90D confirmed in January has a VIN and many in mid to early December do no. System issue? Communications issue? or just a plain screw up. Confirmed December 15th. NO VIN
I don't get it. I confirmed also in Jan, 1/4/16 to be exact and i selected P90D, 7 Seats, and all other options except the rack because i got the towing package instead and the system does not allow you to select both at the same time. Upgraded charger, everything you can select and i selected them. Still no Vin.... : (. I don't see a pattern on this!

My 90D confirmed yesterday. As there was some confusion with the PDF vs. my on-line config - I called to confirm and ended up speaking with someone in Fremont. I asked about likely delivery for the 90D vs. the P90D. I gave him every opportunity to say "I don't know", but instead he elaborated on the likely timing. He indicated that the likely window was April to late June. After looking at my reservation date August 2014 (seq 12,XXX) . He indicated that this would likely be toward the earlier side rather than the later date. Maybe I am hearing what I want to hear, but this made me optimistic that the delay for a 90D vs a P90D would not be so bad. It also makes sense given current progress and their intent to get to 1,000 per week. Looking at Model X tracker, the actual production orders seem to be strongly tilted to 90D's as well which re-enforces the likelihood. I will be watching closely to see when the first 90D gets a VIN as that will mark the turning point between the two.

My 90D confirmed yesterday. As there was some confusion with the PDF vs. my on-line config - I called to confirm and ended up speaking with someone in Fremont. I asked about likely delivery for the 90D vs. the P90D. I gave him every opportunity to say "I don't know", but instead he elaborated on the likely timing. He indicated that the likely window was April to late June. After looking at my reservation date August 2014 (seq 12,XXX) . He indicated that this would likely be toward the earlier side rather than the later date. Maybe I am hearing what I want to hear, but this made me optimistic that the delay for a 90D vs a P90D would not be so bad. It also makes sense given current progress and their intent to get to 1,000 per week. Looking at Model X tracker, the actual production orders seem to be strongly tilted to 90D's as well which re-enforces the likelihood. I will be watching closely to see when the first 90D gets a VIN as that will mark the turning point between the two.

I guess it also depends on how many actually order the P90D. If less people order it, then the delivery for 90D shouldn't be that far away.

great to hear. i was #119xx and my order confirms today. going with 90D also. So, earlier side sounds awesome.