Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q1 Finances

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read the article about a prediction of Tesla dropping to $100 and being aquired by a tech company. Normally I ignore this crap. It's hard reading Tesla news, you need to sort through the BS from short sellers. Try to sniff out those that are trying to help them. I can't remember a company being under attack from the media and Wall street as much as Tesla.

It got me thinking, Tesla just needs to perform, return to profitablity, and the stock should go back up, making this guy eat his words.

My question: If I remember right, Q1 was a $700M loss, but they also paid back a $900M+ loan, correct?
So did Tesla report a straight "Gain from Operations" number?

I do the accounting for my wife's small business, and this is what I do.
I report the gain each month from operations, separate from extraordinary items such as loan payments, etc.
This way the owners can tell if the company is generating money.

Anyone know if they did something like this?

Cuz it seems to me, had they not had to pay back that loan, or simply got another loan (which they later did) to pay back that one, they would have had a profit.

The share price isn’t always a reflection of how well a company is doing and often a show of confidence by the market.

In order for Tesla to be snapped up like that Elon would need to agree as he owns majority and coupled with his friends and close allies shares its unlikely to happen.

Tesla is undervalued but honestly let the share drop to 50 “well hopefully not, I purchased at 200,lol” the point I’m making if Tesla keep doing the right thing and getting orders and delivering said orders and doing what it’s said it will then the share price and everything else will follow.

These investments are long term, let them pan out...