Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I was late to the party. We’ve had the car 3 weeks now, done 1300 miles and we love it.

Charging on Intelligent Octopus has been flawless. We’ve added (according to Tessie app) 400kWh costing £30.

Did I say we love the car? The only issue/annoyance has been Auto High Beam coming on with cruise control (it’s otherwise disabled).
For example, yesterday afternoon at 4pm it came over very grey as it was about to rain.
Full beam on as we drive through a village at 30mph in the daytime. I know you can turn it off by pushing the stalk fwd.

Im hopeful they either improve it drastically or allow it to be disabled with AP. Otherwise I quite like the full beam at night when engaged manually.

I also love EAP. Finally got the hang of auto lane change - basically indicate and hold the wheel without any further input and it will do it’s thing.
No incidents of phantom braking yet and I’m not looking fwd to the first.

Wipers generally ok - I’ve applied a hydrophobic coating even though Tesla say not to. Elon’s not the boss of me.

Glad we got indicator stalks and parking sensors - which if you are not keeping up are planned to be removed and are now removed respectively.

Auto park doesn’t see 99% of spaces but can park ok when it does.
Summon works for short distances.
Light show is entertaining for those that see it for the first time.

Here’s a pic after I ceramic coated:
Nice update and review. She looks superb.
" Elon's not the boss of me"👍😂👍

Bon continuation mate.

• Funny
Reactions: Toblerone
Hope fellow Q2 graduates enjoying your cars, VaDA is just fine and now getting her juice through Intelligent Octopus. I saw an interesting car available through my work Tusker ‘arriving soon’ pre-orders which I still check to see what’s due to come in. It’s a MYP in red with premium upholstery (?), uberturbines and EAP for delivery in early January. I thought the MYP’s were coming from Berlin? I also though Berlin were only doing black and white? Or am I wrong and are MYP’s coming from Shanghai?

Hope fellow Q2 graduates enjoying your cars, VaDA is just fine and now getting her juice through Intelligent Octopus. I saw an interesting car available through my work Tusker ‘arriving soon’ pre-orders which I still check to see what’s due to come in. It’s a MYP in red with premium upholstery (?), uberturbines and EAP for delivery in early January. I thought the MYP’s were coming from Berlin? I also though Berlin were only doing black and white? Or am I wrong and are MYP’s coming from Shanghai?
Shanghai, my VIN landed this morning, a few others too & yesterday. I see new colours are showing available soon too!

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
That’s good news for you, Tusker are generally conservative with delivery dates and early Jan is an odd date for a Shanghai car, so likely to be on the same timeline as yours.
There's rumours UK deliveries soon won't be quarter end heavy. Lots of Euro deliveries from China happening now/next couple of weeks so looks like shipping going forward will be quite fluid 👍
Looks like now they're firing cars out left, right & centre they're softening out the deliveries. I think this quarter some orders now have VINS and are being delivered after like 6 weeks! Obvs still some Q2 orders still hanging about - but that's Tesla's lottery for ya! Oh and we've got to deal with chuckle vision instead of parking sensors now 🙄

Oh yes! Enjoying is almost an understatement.

We have to go to a Wedding at Bury St Edmonds on Thursday. Yippee!
Also excited about the wedding of course.

Re Berlin, they are producing a few Ys in the new silver and cherry colours but only LHD.

Hi @S3XY TESLA
Now that we have frost in the morning, I notice that the area around the rear view is always warm. Any ideas? Is there a processor in there? Maybe I have a problem?

Comments appreciated.

Hi @S3XY TESLA
Now that we have frost in the morning, I notice that the area around the rear view is always warm. Any ideas? Is there a processor in there? Maybe I have a problem?

Comments appreciated.
Morning - I’ve not noticed to be honest. It’s been -7oC here overnight and it also snowed last night. I’ve just been putting the defrost on using the app for Dr S3XY to head off to school in a nice warm car. Do you mean the rear view mirror or the rear view camera?

Hi @S3XY TESLA

Comments appreciated.
There's a heater in the camera area behind the rear view, to defrost the camera area so the car can see where it's going. It's almost certainly warmth from that area you can feel around the rear view mirror itself.

Had our first dump of snow here, now gone from the initial dusting to an even covering of around 4”. White A road today from home to Edinburgh and bad enough to catch a lorry out with a jack-knife. VaDA was stable and predictable during the journey through the snow and I was pleased with how she behaved. Nothing too difficult to deal with yet, but promising. One thing I will watch is any sudden braking on snow, she’s heavy and tires are effectively summer ones so stopping distance is undoubtedly extended.

Wipers were rubbish in the snow and when they are frozen and unpredictable it doesn’t give either a lot of confidence in their effectiveness nor improve visibility. Must tweet Elon, if only I was on Twitter.

I’ve smiled at the Q4 noises about lack of USS, having spent what must be over two-thirds of my driving life in cars with no driver aids. In my first car at Uni, a mini clubman, we used to lift it into and out of small spaces in Edinburgh! However, had to carefully parallel park into tight spaces in town today and it was even more challenging to get out of them. It would have been so much more difficult, almost impossible in one instance, without the sensors, so I am more sympathetic.

Defrost button on app whilst having morning coffee in the kitchen is a real treat though 😀

Had our first dump of snow here, now gone from the initial dusting to an even covering of around 4”. White A road today from home to Edinburgh and bad enough to catch a lorry out with a jack-knife. VaDA was stable and predictable during the journey through the snow and I was pleased with how she behaved. Nothing too difficult to deal with yet, but promising. One thing I will watch is any sudden braking on snow, she’s heavy and tires are effectively summer ones so stopping distance is undoubtedly extended.

Wipers were rubbish in the snow and when they are frozen and unpredictable it doesn’t give either a lot of confidence in their effectiveness nor improve visibility. Must tweet Elon, if only I was on Twitter.

I’ve smiled at the Q4 noises about lack of USS, having spent what must be over two-thirds of my driving life in cars with no driver aids. In my first car at Uni, a mini clubman, we used to lift it into and out of small spaces in Edinburgh! However, had to carefully parallel park into tight spaces in town today and it was even more challenging to get out of them. It would have been so much more difficult, almost impossible in one instance, without the sensors, so I am more sympathetic.

Defrost button on app whilst having morning coffee in the kitchen is a real treat though 😀
😀Nice report. Here in SW London we have " thick" frost this morning which is likely to cause some chaos.
Let's hope that, in the interest of fairness, Elon does not disable our sensors, an aid which has been so useful over the years in pre Lizzie cars supported by graphics.
Now, the sensor/ camera combination is the "Dog's".

Although not having driven for the last couple of days- gasp - I have been using the brilliant, emissions-free, defrost. One never knows when I will have to whistle up Lizzie in an emergency😀.

And now..... an old git moment: "I can remember when, of a winter's morning, the street would be enveloped in a fog of exhaust and vapour from the thawing of iced-up ICE cars. The process speeded, in the case of the impatient, with a discordant symphony of scrapers in the mists and mutterings about forgetting to cover screens with sheets of news paper." Ah! The good old days - Not!

Stay safe, warm and dent free people and be ready to record. And if despite your best efforts, a noddy-plonker should graze the pride and joy, remember she -dare I say, with knuckles in m'gob- is only a car . So, leave that cricket/baseball bat in the boot.
Happy Sunday All.

😀Nice report. Here in SW London we have " thick" frost this morning which is likely to cause some chaos.
Let's hope that, in the interest of fairness, Elon does not disable our sensors, an aid which has been so useful over the years in pre Lizzie cars supported by graphics.
Now, the sensor/ camera combination is the "Dog's".

Although not having driven for the last couple of days- gasp - I have been using the brilliant, emissions-free, defrost. One never knows when I will have to whistle up Lizzie in an emergency😀.

And now..... an old git moment: "I can remember when, of a winter's morning, the street would be enveloped in a fog of exhaust and vapour from the thawing of iced-up ICE cars. The process speeded, in the case of the impatient, with a discordant symphony of scrapers in the mists and mutterings about forgetting to cover screens with sheets of news paper." Ah! The good old days - Not!

Stay safe, warm and dent free people and be ready to record. And if despite your best efforts, a noddy-plonker should graze the pride and joy, remember she -dare I say, with knuckles in m'gob- is only a car . So, leave that cricket/baseball bat in the boot.
Happy Sunday All.
Caution! Snowfoam! It gets everywhere.

Attachments

• CCEDD50C-B2C9-4B67-87B7-601D4071E5F2.jpeg
    CCEDD50C-B2C9-4B67-87B7-601D4071E5F2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57