Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My previous Model 3 didn't have the heat pump, but this one does and it seems to make rather a lot of noise after driving for it a bit. Makes a drone like a fan working too hard when parking from inside the cabin, and there is also a flushing noise periodically. Do other folks have the same?
Heat scavenging, faster AMD cpu and poor sound proofing = increase in noise. Keeping a jacket or something woolen in the frunk can reduce the noise slightly or spend £2000 sound proofing it which appears to work.

Loving mine so far, not had chance to use autopilot / steer properly yet other than for a couple of miles but will have a longer drive next week.

Coming from an NX I was expecting a step down in quality and ride, it really isn't, in fact ride feels softer and less crashy over bumps, the review made it sound like a BMW m3. Seats are comfy, not quite Lexus comfy but they are the best in the business imo, and the sound system is nearly as good as the mark levinson one which is impressive.

I have car seats in rear which rattle and squeak anyway, but had noticed no noise or rattles before this.

A few things I do miss as expected - the ventilated seats i miss the most, especially in the sun, the heads up display and the 360 camera, but it gains with sentry mode which is great, masses more space and visibility and of course the acceleration is superb, for an SUV it genuinely doesn't need to be any quicker, model S plaid must be terrifying on narrow british bendy roads, one slip of the right foot and you're in a tree. Kids love the games and toybox, i suspect the webbrowser on retrogames.cc and game pad plugged in will keep them entertained on journeys too.

I've not wanted to just 'pop out for a drive' since my first car some 20 odd years ago. I want a car to entertain me, make me look forward to sitting in it and make me laugh like a kid, it sure as hell does that.

My previous Model 3 didn't have the heat pump, but this one does and it seems to make rather a lot of noise after driving for it a bit. Makes a drone like a fan working too hard when parking from inside the cabin, and there is also a flushing noise periodically. Do other folks have the same?
A lot noisier than my 2020 model 3, but I've noticed this is usually down to the fan being on etc. Once these are off, nothing out of the ordinary here :)

I have to say I was a lot happier without the PWS speaker and the fake noise, but that's a different story.

Well having gone through all of the trials and tribulations of the Q2 delivery cycle and having had the car for 1 week and 6 hrs.... It's going.

Wifey hates it and won't even engage in the learning process, so the decision has been taken to let it go.

Will someone stand me a beer so that I've got something to cry into 😥

Well having gone through all of the trials and tribulations of the Q2 delivery cycle and having had the car for 1 week and 6 hrs.... It's going.

Wifey hates it and won't even engage in the learning process, so the decision has been taken to let it go.

Cheaper to get a new wife.

What does she hate about it?

Possible to give her your car and you keep the MY?

Reactions: Toblerone

Did you not think to try one out before buying?

Turn the regen off for her.
Once the car is setup - you hardly have to touch the screen.
Its a real shame - I have the opposite problem though - My wife wont stay out of the MY - she has hardly used her car since I got it - I am sharing a car that I love - for the first time in my life.

Do you want to swap?
Wife or car? Wasn't aware it was that sort of forum!

Turn the regen off for her.
Once the car is setup - you hardly have to touch the screen.
Its a real shame - I have the opposite problem though - My wife wont stay out of the MY - she has hardly used her car since I got it - I am sharing a car that I love - for the first time in my life.

Do you want to swap?
Maybe, can you post a few pics? 😁

Even coming from another EV it is a bit of a learning process, if you can try to get her to try it for just a bit longer, hopefully she will be able to find the settings that work for her. Best of luck.

I told my wife about the safety features, the autopilot, and the 'sport' of getting the regen just right pulling up to a stop. Throwing in how cheap it would be for us to run was enough for her to accept it could be a good thing and she gave it a go. She absolutely loved it, and that's why we now have two...

My wife was very nervous. She wouldn't even drive it for the first few days. Then I drove and explained everything to her. Then her first few drives I went with her. Now she's driving it more than I am and she loves it!

As others have said you can change the settings to make it more like driving a traditional car? The lack of physical buttons things isn't really fixable but I do think it's a bit overplayed. How often do you actually press buttons while driving anyway?

My wife was very nervous. She wouldn't even drive it for the first few days. Then I drove and explained everything to her. Then her first few drives I went with her. Now she's driving it more than I am and she loves it!

As others have said you can change the settings to make it more like driving a traditional car? The lack of physical buttons things isn't really fixable but I do think it's a bit overplayed. How often do you actually press buttons while driving anyway?
If buttons are critical, have a look at the S3XY Buttons. We now have them in both of our Teslas and find them quite handy.