Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking nice and shiny after front end ppf and full ceramic coat. Thank you to Bradley at Concours Detailing

Attachments

• 08320B7C-FEE2-4C5E-8549-F0CAFCE90DAA.jpeg
    08320B7C-FEE2-4C5E-8549-F0CAFCE90DAA.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 78B3BD74-80E8-4A70-B754-23393DAFB2F0.jpeg
    78B3BD74-80E8-4A70-B754-23393DAFB2F0.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 94
Looking nice and shiny after front end ppf and full ceramic coat. Thank you to Bradley at Concours Detailing
Where did you get the black centre caps? I think I'm about to give up waiting for Tesla to get some stock of the silver ones.

Also, what sort of price is the ceramic coating, tempted to get this done as well but no idea what a fair price would be.

I had my M3P delivered on the 23rd and the first thing it wanted to do when I got in was update. Checking it now though it's actually showing 2022.11.102 which I guess means there's another update due?

That was the version it arrived with from the factory (same here), you probably got the 2022 map updates like I did once I connected the car to WiFi.

I got 2022.16.3 after 12 days then 2022.20.5 three days after that.

Surprisingly slower than my first M3, I got my first update the same day I collected it.

Reactions: muhsec
That was the version it arrived with from the factory (same here), you probably got the 2022 map updates like I did once I connected the car to WiFi.

I got 2022.16.3 after 12 days then 2022.20.5 three days after that.

Surprisingly slower than my first M3, I got my first update the same day I collected it.
ha, mine just updated to 2022.16.3 after 2/3 weeks.

Paul, few Q’s..

Disney+ Are you in the uk and have D+?
Overnight updates, do you have to accept these through the app, or do they just download? Mine don’t update until I ‘accept’ the download in the app🤷🏻
Yes Disney + is now showing after updating to the new software.

You will get a notification the app. I think it also shows up in car as an orange downwards arrow in the top left of the screen. You have to accept it to start it downloading, and the same again to start the install.

So what mileage have people racked up so far?

What is your average Wh/Mile?

I have done 904 miles in nearly 3 weeks of ownership. That is much higher than I'd normally do. I've clearly been finding excuses to go for a drive :oops:

I'm averaging 225 Wh/Mile which is really good, especially seeing as I've put the pedal to the metal 🤣 and have been heavy on the HVAC in the past week or so!

• Love
Reactions: Wattsisname

I have done 904 miles in nearly 3 weeks of ownership. That is much higher than I'd normally do. I've clearly been finding excuses to go for a drive :oops:

I'm averaging 225 Wh/Mile which is really good, especially seeing as I've put the pedal to the metal 🤣 and have been heavy on the HVAC in the past week or so!
March Y, 4439 miles covered - avg 276 Wh/mi

I'm still stuck on software from March

Probably none of these but:

Set SOFTWARE to "Advanced" (which will tend to download sooner after update is issued)
Make sure on WiFi and no failure to connect (connect to "Mate's WiFi" or Phone HotStop as an alternative to see if that works)
Do a two-button belt-and-braces reset

Don't think I've read of it recently, but there used to be cases of "stuck" downloads, and phoning SUPPORT to ask them to "push" a version fixed it. If that is still a thing?? then that might be last-resort.

Anyone else find the turning circle on MY quite bad?

You can "throw" the car from forward-to-reverse (flick the D/R lever) at low speed (5MPH?, 8MPH? not sure ...) and then accelerator acts as a regen initially (until stationary) then moves in the selected (opposite) direction. A bit of a throttle-blip, after throwing the D/R to "opposite", will stop the car and then again to cause some momentum in the new direction.

If you aren't sure :) then try it in a straight line. Accelerator at the point where the car is moving very gently. Without changing the accelerator position throw D/R and the car will gradually slow then reverse direction

Not a solution to poor turning circle, but I find it makes an N-point turn more tolerable

• Love
Reactions: Daedalus

1,004 miles and picked up on 24th June. How do you find out the average Wh/m? I can see some figures in the Energy app but they are limited to the last 30 miles? Must be missing something obvious.

Heat scavenging, faster AMD cpu and poor sound proofing = increase in noise. Keeping a jacket or something woolen in the frunk can reduce the noise slightly or spend £2000 sound proofing it which appears to work.
During our MY test drive, we found the cabin had that echo feeling like, I would imagine, a small empty van might sound.

I suspected and sincerely hoped, when the parcels shelf news broke, that this would improve matters and so it has - enormously.

Never, in the past a big fan of the shelf or the retractable cargo cover, I am newly converted; this puppy is going nowhere ( except when it must, so that SWMBO's shoe case can to be accommodated along with the rest of her stuff......." Oh! We are not going for a year then!

In other news: The most comfortable place this week has been in the MY ( driving that is, not just sitting there keeping cool whilst looking anything but) with the air-con cranked to about 12deg.

I have been amazed, without actually studying the detail, at the range when driving at fairly constant 80ish plus the occasional flooring if SWMBO looks like dropping off, and all the while the air-con working its nuts off.

Today: Start at 90% (preconditioned) 200 miles in frigid cabin. An hour of Sentry with air-con maintaining a reasonable 16deg while we off having lunch....all this today and back home with 23% remaining.

Off course, a proper analysis might show this as not being to brilliant but we were very happy......and a SWMBO happy day is a good day all-around.

740 miles since Thursday 7th July...loved every one of them...might change to kilometres ...more to love :)

Note to self: Looking at the charging stats, the app suggests we have saved £136. Franky, I am enjoying it so much, I would not mind if it had cost £136 more!

Happy means motoring .... without the Esso sign.

Last edited: