Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 deliveries...who's getting acceleration boost?

Who's getting acceleration boost?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we are getting closer to the deliveries for Q2 starting (and finishing), just curious as to how many people will be ponying up the extra £1500 for acceleration boost. Think I might have to after watching copious amounts of you tube videos about it

As we are getting closer to the deliveries for Q2 starting (and finishing), just curious as to how many people will be ponying up the extra £1500 for acceleration boost. Think I might have to after watching copious amounts of you tube videos about it
don't know what you drive or what you are getting but a lot of people find an LR turns out to be good enough as delivered.

acceleration boost. Think I might have to after watching copious amounts of you tube videos about it

its all in the 0-30 (or maybe 0-40). For overtaking it won't make hardly any difference.

Depends what you are likely to use it for of course :)

Over a marked 200M-ish length, all starting on cruise at 40 MPH, my Model-S LR and M3 AWD LR both get to exactly 90, and the MY AWD LR to 86. Plenty different in their 0-60 times though ...

(Actually the M3 SR+ is probably faster, from 40 MPH, because it is lighter)

I'm on the fence.

This car is for my wife and she will never use it and we want the max range hence the 19" wheels.

I drive a P90DL and in the last 1-2 years I've used the full launch less and less. It is just so mental / bonkers / BSC that I dont do it that often anymore. Love the power on the motorway however. It is massively impressive.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Undecided. Will see how I get on with the MY for a couple of months before deciding. I’m expecting to find the standard acceleration just fine, as I do with my current M3. So I’m probably 80/20 not adding acceleration boost.

Also - how does it impact insurance? Surely it’s a modification that you need to advise the insurer about? My assumption is it would increase the premium.

Having owned quick cars before when I got my M3LR in December, I said from the beginning that the performance was plenty quick enough. That was until I drove an RS6 again for a week. Then I ended up buying AB.

Regardless of what anyone else says, it makes a difference at all speeds up to around 70mph. There’s more instant pull, and the acceleration from 30mph to 60mph is mental.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw and Sw1000
Going to definitely go with the boost, was aiming for a model Y performance but due to uncertainty of delivery went for a LR. Will play with it for a month or so before hand before and then upgrade to appreciate it once I'm used to the car.

Reactions: Toblerone
Also - how does it impact insurance? Surely it’s a modification that you need to advise the insurer about? My assumption is it would increase the premium.
No increase in premium when I got it added to my M3LR last year, just a note added on file, plus a £9.50 "admin fee". Others have had it noted with no charge at all. Depends on your insurer, I suppose.

Not sure why Q2 has anything to do with it, but I feel AB was a good purchase. And the beautify is you can try it and if you disagree you can get a refund within 48hrs.

Beaware of the usual insurance pitfalls - some will allow it, some won't, some will charge, some wont yadda yadda yadda