Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 deliveries...who's getting acceleration boost?

Who's getting acceleration boost?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased it two weeks ago - took delivery March. It’s made a difference to acceleration across the range and not just 0-60. It’s more like being on a plane as it accelerates for take off said one of my passengers! I love it! I regret buying EAP and should have left it off and just got AB.

The downside is that it may make the MYP not as exciting when I get it.

As I started this thread though t I might as well share...picked up the my yesterday...much bettr quality feel to it than my old freemonnt M3.

Couldn't help but feel she was holding back on me when I stamped on the pedal, in my old M3 (Sr+) she went off like a scolded cat and I didn't get that from the MY.

Just purchase a/b and it is noticeable more responsive, especially from 20 to 60. Put a massive smile on my face...obviously not telling the wife!

Well worth it if you can afford it...you can also play with it for 48 hours before requesting a refund if you don't think it's worth it. But it's worth it

I added it before leaving the collection lot. It didn't actually install until we got onto WiFi at home (or at least not whilst driving it home) so got a short (20 mile) drive without AB. It was quick before AB and is noticeably quicker off the line now. But our other car is a M3P and it seemed unfair not to have AB on the better half's ride. We own and tend to keep our cars long term. I can't opine as to the value as everyone will have their own view.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
After using the boost for a few days it's crazy, I won't use it too often but a real world use case I had today.

Was at the traffic lights and there was a merge around 300metres up the road, I could tell the white van was going to try his hardest to stop me merging, the second the light went green I was 100m up the road and merged in before he even got away from the lights :)

Appears to work nicely also at higher speeds i.e. 30-60 , it always feels it can go as far as you are willing.

I won't be hammering it off the line all the time as you just look an idiot but its handy to have when needed without a doubt, whether or not you can justify £1500 is a different matter, I was going to buy the Model Y performance so this works okay for me.

I drive my LR in Chill Mode all the time unless I am showing the acceleration off to someone who has never experienced it. Chill Mode is just so... "chilled". I love it. I tested the Performance model and it was really really quick, but the LR's no slouch either. Each to their own I guess - I mean I was going to pony up the £1500 for Boost but after 6 months of LR ownership I can't see the point (for me).

One thing I will say and that is Chill Mode can sometimes be a wee bit too slow, notably if you get yourself into trouble and you need proper speed to save yourself. Example: I entered a roundabout and some d*ckhead in a van came on from the right at 50MPH at least, and nearly clipped the back of me. Out of Chill it would have been way easier to get clear of the moron.

Reactions: Sw1000
I drive my LR in Chill Mode all the time unless I am showing the acceleration off to someone who has never experienced it. Chill Mode is just so... "chilled". I love it. I tested the Performance model and it was really really quick, but the LR's no slouch either. Each to their own I guess - I mean I was going to pony up the £1500 for Boost but after 6 months of LR ownership I can't see the point (for me).

One thing I will say and that is Chill Mode can sometimes be a wee bit too slow, notably if you get yourself into trouble and you need proper speed to save yourself. Example: I entered a roundabout and some d*ckhead in a van came on from the right at 50MPH at least, and nearly clipped the back of me. Out of Chill it would have been way easier to get clear of the moron.
I had that on previous cars although ice where the eco modes also got me taken out a few time, throttle lag was awful with a dead spot where you were on the throttle but it wouldn't respond for a while.

End up leaving it in sport mode, same as the Tesla, just leave it in sport mode and the car behaves when I need it too.

AB is good without a doubt but how much I will use the extra .6 above the LR's already quick acceleration is to be determined