Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Sold out already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already priced in to existing stock too:
1620346927664.png

Right now, Ford.com shows delivery times for the Premium Mach-E (what I consider to be the only real MY competitor) as 24+ weeks. And current dealers (at least near me) are ALL charging "Market Adjustment" above MSRP. Even with the lack of tax incentive for Tesla buyers, I don't see this as a bad thing - if Tesla had more orders they could fill through additional factories, I just don't see their delivery chain strong enough yet to handle that additional strain.
All normal dealers do this regardless. Selling above MSRP should be illegal for a dealer.

Darn it we’re literally just discussing about whether if we should pull the trigger. We took a test drive on 4/21 and the price went up the next day. Now it’s gone up $1000 since my test drive just 2 weeks ago. 😡
Lol, you are me, except I test drove it before the price hike in early April. I ended up placing an order after the two $500 hikes, so I got "insulated" from this latest one. Waiting to see if tax credits/rebate happen and will keep the order on hold in the meanwhile. If that doesn't happen, I may just wait another year or so. I get that demand and material costs are high right now but there is a lot of competition and extra production capacity just around the corner (leaving aside potentially newer tech). All of these should bring prices back down over the next 1-2 years.