Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 2015 Report & Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No mention of being cash flow positive Q116

Don't be a Debbie Downer :)

Now, seriously I think this question will definitely be asked on the call. Elon being slightly above average intelligence has likely learnt from past mistakes and will repeat his "a win should feel like a win" statement by saying "we'll announce being cash flow positive once we're cash flow positive" (likely during 2016).

"Looking ahead, we still remain highly confident of average production and deliveries of 1,600 to 1,800 vehicles per week for Model S and Model X combined during 2016."

That is 2016 guidance of 80k-90k.

I hope this is using the new "a win should feel like a win" math.

Not the old "we tried to deliver 10% of quarterly production between Dec 25- Dec 31, but customers were out " math.

I wouldn't be worried about cash flow positive. If it was coming, it would have been very temporary just like after the MS launch. If the pieces fall into place too slowly on the Model X ramp, they'll likely be ramping up Gigafactory and/or Model 3 expenditures.

They pull back from the cash flow positive guidance due to Model X ramp pace unknowns and the pulling forward of gigafactory production.

... And which is really more important?!?

1. To be cash flow positive in Q1 2016 rather than say Q3 or Q4

Or

2. Aggressive investment and future growth with earlier-than expected GF deployment and hence less bottlenecking for Model 3 production

I'll take option 2 over 1 any day. Tesla is not a mature business meant to pay dividends, for God's sake.

Don't be a Debbie Downer :)

Now, seriously I think this question will definitely be asked on the call. Elon being slightly above average intelligence has likely learnt from past mistakes and will repeat his "a win should feel like a win" statement by saying "we'll announce being cash flow positive once we're cash flow positive" (likely during 2016).
Wow. So, are you implying the guy has three-figure IQ? Wow. :tongue:

Q3 2015 Report & Conference Call

Elon: "The Autopilot safety features are by default on in all vehicles" and then he refers to the "Autopilot convenience feature" like Autosteer, etc.
So I am going to have to adjust my terminology. To me the Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) feature has not been part of Autopilot because it is present in all cars (not an option like AP) since late Sep 2014, but clearly to Elon AEB is part of AP. So be it.