Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies for going a bit quiet since yesterday, I was too drawn in the excitement of my new Model Y.

Picked up at NEC yesterday, process very smooth, the TA almost gave me a minor panic when he gave me the last digit of the registration wrong, before correcting himself :).

Overall the car looks brilliant and couldn't find a single thing wrong with it at the centre, I was terrified driving it outside the NEC and trying to find the exit but the car drives like a dream.

Had some more fun it in today driving to work and back, autopilot is amazing.

I did notice one minor issue, one of the door seals has a minor kink in it, doesn't affect anything it just looks a bit odd. Tesla said I had 100 miles to report anything so I've flagged it on the App and got a Tesla ranger coming out Monday to fix it.

Other than that, it's fantastic.

Oh, one more thing, I noticed at the NEC my car wasn't picking up voice commands well and was in km, turns out my language was set to Danish, I couldn't for the life of me work out how to change it but one of the friendly TAs said it was common and changed it in seconds for me, just in case someone runs into the same thing.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Oh, one more thing, I noticed at the NEC my car wasn't picking up voice commands well and was in km, turns out my language was set to Danish, I couldn't for the life of me work out how to change it but one of the friendly TAs said it was common and changed it in seconds for me, just in case someone runs into the same thing.
Hah I had the exact same thing! Luckily I noticed it when going though all the settings, not long after giving up asking the voice commands to “adjust the mirrors” which sadly it didn’t do even when in English… I also couldn’t get it to “activate dog mode” which is handy for leaving the kids in the car when knocking on a door to drop off their friends (which is annoying as leaning in through the window it’s easy to hit the voice command button)

Were you the guy who was racing the Lamborghini earlier haha. When I was there about midday there was a red M3P drag racing a Lamborghini.
The Tesla staff were really not impressed with that 😂 you can see the car in question behind my car in the photo below

Collection was interesting, updated the car because I wanted to get my cloud profile set up but it then completely knackered my network connection so it had to be taken away by a tech to sort it out. All in all was there for about 2 hours

Car itself was ok, wasn’t covered in swirls like my M3P was which is an improvement. Noticed a couple of issues (bubbles in PPF, trim near windscreen a bit wonky and the headlights that look like they’re sitting proud) so it’s booked in to Newcastle to get that all sorted.

Can’t fault the drive back from Manchester, perfectly comfortable and more suited to family life than my M3P.

8E0167D4-608D-4F31-BD65-3E165C453D17.jpeg

Attachments

• E4D927B2-F1DC-45C4-9AE3-CEF52F9B3710.jpeg
    E4D927B2-F1DC-45C4-9AE3-CEF52F9B3710.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 9A1409CC-86FC-4BA2-8497-5D419F4B8D37.jpeg
    9A1409CC-86FC-4BA2-8497-5D419F4B8D37.jpeg
    560.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 5BE121CA-70A7-465C-BF94-239A3CD7B5C2.jpeg
    5BE121CA-70A7-465C-BF94-239A3CD7B5C2.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 61
To the Q3 troops picking up on Thursday and Friday I’m sure it will go well and for the Glasgow gang I’m certain the Tesla team here will fix any faults before you ever see them. Q4 people can look forward with relish- you’ve made a very wise choice. Hogarth is home and I love him.
Picking up tomorrow from Glasgow, so this is good to see. I'm guessing charge was around 50%?

Naturally because I'm picking the car up it'll be raining heavily so might struggle to get some pics and fully inspect the car exterior but I'll give it a go anyway.

If anyone happens to see a tall slightly fat bloke and his missus on Friday mid-morning feel free to say hi and loan me an umbrella.

Picking up tomorrow from Glasgow, so this is good to see. I'm guessing charge was around 50%?

Naturally because I'm picking the car up it'll be raining heavily so might struggle to get some pics and fully inspect the car exterior but I'll give it a go anyway.

If anyone happens to see a tall slightly fat bloke and his missus on Friday mid-morning feel free to say hi and loan me an umbrella.
Car had 154m of range and close to 50%.

I did though experience a wee issue later when my hypervolt, after a quick 25min check that it was working ok, wouldn’t charge at all later in the evening. The car claimed the fault was with the charger so I resolved to call hypervolt this morning. However, it worked first time when I plugged it in at 7:30 so I will keep it plugged in to 80% and then recheck before doing anything more. Luckily, I work from home 95% of my time.

I popped out after dark and the auto lights were brilliant and nobody flashed me regarding dipped and high beams. I will get a full check done later this afternoon as the car is still well under the 100m report level and then set up profiles and get mrs Bob’s phone and profile done. She’s showing no sign of wanting to try it out yet and when asked what kind of car did Bob get she said “a grey one”!

The Tesla staff were really not impressed with that 😂 you can see the car in question behind my car in the photo below

Collection was interesting, updated the car because I wanted to get my cloud profile set up but it then completely knackered my network connection so it had to be taken away by a tech to sort it out. All in all was there for about 2 hours

Car itself was ok, wasn’t covered in swirls like my M3P was which is an improvement. Noticed a couple of issues (bubbles in PPF, trim near windscreen a bit wonky and the headlights that look like they’re sitting proud) so it’s booked in to Newcastle to get that all sorted.

Can’t fault the drive back from Manchester, perfectly comfortable and more suited to family life than my M3P.

View attachment 857893
I’m going to check mine later today and post photos for an opinion of headlamp fit as I don’t think mine are different to yours and I don’t think yours are faulty. However, you’re a seasoned Tesla owner and I’m a total newbie of less than 24hrs but moved over from 30yrs of Audi and bmw ownership. Would be interesting to get others’ opinions though and will good to hear how the team at Newcastle improve it. I tried mine after dark for a mile or 2 and auto dip/high beam worked fine and no other cars appeared to be Blinded by misaligned headlamps.

Car had 154m of range and close to 50%.

I did though experience a wee issue later when my hypervolt, after a quick 25min check that it was working ok, wouldn’t charge at all later in the evening. The car claimed the fault was with the charger so I resolved to call hypervolt this morning. However, it worked first time when I plugged it in at 7:30 so I will keep it plugged in to 80% and then recheck before doing anything more. Luckily, I work from home 95% of my time.

I popped out after dark and the auto lights were brilliant and nobody flashed me regarding dipped and high beams. I will get a full check done later this afternoon as the car is still well under the 100m report level and then set up profiles and get mrs Bob’s phone and profile done. She’s showing no sign of wanting to try it out yet and when asked what kind of car did Bob get she said “a grey one”!
What software version are you on?

@TheRealWatto I had a quick check on paint surfaces just now. I can say with complete honesty there are no fine scratches or swirls on the paint on any panel. It’s 100% mint! I will get it fully detailed at the weekend in prep for simple foaming and pressure washing (as I have done for my weekend car I bought new 12 years ago and to this day doesn’t have 1 fine scratch). The Tesla Does have a few bits of dust on it now but I tried to take some photos for you but all you can see is the full reflection of the surroundings such as the garage door and the clouds in the sky!

Did I mention I love this car already? I’m sure you will too.

Attachments

• CFA90A24-198D-4188-AF39-73EAC5BF24AB.jpeg
    CFA90A24-198D-4188-AF39-73EAC5BF24AB.jpeg
    703 KB · Views: 53
  • E37B8785-D81C-4226-AD9B-21605A5C0A38.jpeg
    E37B8785-D81C-4226-AD9B-21605A5C0A38.jpeg
    553.1 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: TheRealWatto
How is everyone finding the lack of rear window wiper? Any tips/treatment to stop beading in light rain, or do you give it a wipe before setting out?
The rear view is so bad anyway I don't think a wiper would really help! I do have previous experience of a car without a rear wiper though (a Jaguar XK8 many years ago). You can always bring up the cameras to see behind you

Reactions: _Dave_

View attachment 857893
I had a quick look at mine as your comments prompted me to do. My photos are attached and I honestly see no issue and I can’t tell if they are better,same or worse than yours so would be chuffed to hear how you get on with the service guys fixing them. The “gaps” are even and the crease lines are true from lamp to wings. Also shows up well that the paint is perfect and the wee faint line on one was actually a spider silk thread. What do others think?

Attachments

• 9E893960-7DF7-4431-8991-7B0B28AA49B7.jpeg
    9E893960-7DF7-4431-8991-7B0B28AA49B7.jpeg
    590.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 75915A6F-04BB-4A94-933E-3866764258D5.jpeg
    75915A6F-04BB-4A94-933E-3866764258D5.jpeg
    589.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 6CB93FFA-BC93-4F62-AB83-AFCB8B99FAC7.jpeg
    6CB93FFA-BC93-4F62-AB83-AFCB8B99FAC7.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 56
  • E9687133-9D7E-4884-BCEA-0F666290B61F.jpeg
    E9687133-9D7E-4884-BCEA-0F666290B61F.jpeg