Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know how I missed this thread, I collected mine exactly a week ago. Sadly a few weird issues in the paint, you have to look quite hard to find them. It's booked in to be looked at by the SC in about 3 weeks time. Blue looks great but is a complete dirt magnet by the way. I don't have any nice pictures yet for some reason. I will have to check the boot seal, mine is a 402xxx VIN so not sure if it was post restart or not. The car is just awesome though. Seriously. You'll love it when you get yours :D
Going to be looking VERY closely at the paint finish on Friday based upon the various Q3 deliveries mentioning this...

But otherwise congrats!

Reactions: t0ne
Picked up my M3RWD from Southampton on the 23rd. Only collection for that day!

Great staff didn't mind I was 20 mins early, quickly filled out the documents and confirmed I'd received them by email. By the time that was done, already had app access & got in the car.

Had no issues at all with build quality, paintwork, etc. No rattles. Only thing I'm not sure about is headlight adjustment (passenger looks way higher than any previous car) which I'll check myself and then book into local centre.

Only accessories I felt necessary to buy were tyre repair kit, portable inflator (way better than pissing about with the 12v cable), jack pads, and some basic detailing stuff to keep it clean. Next priority is finding RHD quality version of the maxpider mats..

Very happy with car overall. Only done about 800 miles so far. I thought suspension was going to be a lot firmer.. seems the forum's complaints made my test drive memories clouded

Anyone got the car delivered to their home address? Do they give you a timeframe for when the delivery is scheduled the day before, or do you only get this on the day of delivery?
Mine is being delivered right now to my house. I received a text message yesterday giving a 4 hour window. Today I received a text from the delivery company which gives a link to track the truck. Currently 1 1/2 hour away. It will be towards the back end of the 4 hour window.

Mine is being delivered right now to my house. I received a text message yesterday giving a 4 hour window. Today I received a text from the delivery company which gives a link to track the truck. Currently 1 1/2 hour away. It will be towards the back end of the 4 hour window.
What time did you get the text message yesterday with the 4 hour window? I'm expecting that message today (haven't had it yet though) and then delivery tomorrow

Busy car week next week here.
My outgoing hybrid Lexus goes for its last service and MOT Tuesday, dropping the missus off at Fiat on the way to collect her new 500e.
Then Wednesday her old M3LR gets collected. Same day my MYLR will get delivered 🤞(both by Leaseplan). Then I’ve got to make a balloon payment on the outgoing Lexus before flipping it to WBAC or Motorway for some profit.🤞

And apparently I’m supposed to do some work that week too!

Collected my MY today from Staines, the center was not busy at all.
The car was given in good condition, no panel gaps and paint issues I could see. The SOC of the car was 42% and the tyre pressure was 46 psi.
No noticeable difference in suspension from the last time I test drove the car - have to say the VIN is 405XXX so may be a pre upgrade build.
PXL_20220901_095908212.jpg

Collected my MY today from Staines, the center was not busy at all.
The car was given in good condition, no panel gaps and paint issues I could see. The SOC of the car was 42% and the tyre pressure was 46 psi.
No noticeable difference in suspension from the last time I test drove the car - have to say the VIN is 405XXX so may be a pre upgrade build.
View attachment 847901
Mudflaps? Parcel shelf? Granny charger? Any other changes you've noticed

Mudflaps? Parcel shelf? Granny charger?
Bro - they come with these. We need new things to obsess over, like: Does it have indicator and gear select stalks?!

Ok maybe a bit early, but by December these will be the fashionable questions.

Sounds like this was a pre factory upgrade car (not that it matters), but we can check for extra driver/passenger airbag and boot sealing strip for starters.

Bro - they come with these. We need new things to obsess over, like: Does it have indicator and gear select stalks?!

Sounds like this was a pre factory upgrade car (not that it matters), but we can check for extra driver/passenger airbag and boot sealing strip for starters.
I want all the details 😆 I'm 99.9% certain indicator stalks are still included 😂

• Funny
Reactions: t0ne and Toblerone

Had a look earlier, mine has the sealing strips on the edge of the boot lid. Not sure how I'd tell if it had the extra air bag, I had a quick look and couldn't see any air bag warnings/logos anywhere. As I understand it, the extra air bag would just be on the drivers seat next to the centre console?

Got carried away and had a web chat with Direct Line earlier asking about Acceleration Boost. I made it clear it was an optional, paid for upgrade and the response was if its a software update from the manufacturer, then they don't need to know and it'll be covered on the standard policy.

Hi all - first post after being serial lurker since Mar-22 order.
Had M3P delivered today. Incredible experience so far and love the car already (albeit all a bit overwhelming).
Unfortunately a tiny paint imperfection and what looks like a Roro scrape that will need addressing. Otherwise passed the checklist.
E65CBC87-5E47-4ABC-A214-1CA24C2D3BE8.jpeg
6981CCA9-6936-466A-B3F5-F821B15F3A56.jpeg
B268328D-7EBC-46A8-8335-52154B4C1EF1.jpeg

Attachments

• 70831119-EF67-4CB8-AB56-7F703AFC890E.jpeg
    70831119-EF67-4CB8-AB56-7F703AFC890E.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 66