Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - first post after being serial lurker since Mar-22 order.
Had M3P delivered today. Incredible experience so far and love the car already (albeit all a bit overwhelming).
Unfortunately a tiny paint imperfection and what looks like a Roro scrape that will need addressing. Otherwise passed the checklist.View attachment 847988View attachment 847989View attachment 847991
Can't lie that would be very dissapointing, hopefully its sorted sharpish!

Collected my MY today from Staines, the center was not busy at all.
The car was given in good condition, no panel gaps and paint issues I could see. The SOC of the car was 42% and the tyre pressure was 46 psi.
No noticeable difference in suspension from the last time I test drove the car - have to say the VIN is 405XXX so may be a pre upgrade build.
View attachment 847901
Mines a blue/black 405xxx as well. Collect tomorrow, just one more sleepless night to go. Good to hear the build quality passed. I shall go over mine with a fine tooth comb and post results over weekend. Can’t believe the last 6 months rollercoasters is about to end……….what will we do?

Reactions: Human_ and NP90
Collected my MY a week ago today - 350 miles and loving it.

Had a very efficient meeting with Tesla SC on Tuesday to fix a rattle in the back passenger door - I think one of the door card clips had failed. The car is so quiet that you hear every squeak and rattle but some more than others - There is something in the dash that's making my eye twitch on certain roads so may require another call out.

One thing I was really surprised with is the efficiency of the car - i'm averaging 250wh miles/ 4miles per kwh. I find this astonishing that the motors can move a two tonne car + 100kg passenger for 4 miles and only use that much energy. When I stop showing off the acceleration to my friends, this may increase a bit more.

Paint and panels look all good - however I have noticed the the front quarter panel sits out slightly more than the front door leaving a noticeable gap when looking down the side of the car. I'll try and get a photo up to see if anyone else has the same thing.

Just collected my M3P from Manchester. No issues found it was super dusty on the outside but other than that all good.

Literally just adding some charge at the super charger for the journey home it was at 50%

IMG_20220902_104418__01.jpg

So who is planning on having a Ceramic (Diy or pro) or PPF treatment upon receiving their car?
I thought for quite a while on getting full PPF for the entire car. Honestly was a little shocked with the quotes I got, and when compared to how much it costs to repsray the entire car (much less!) I decided against it.

Each to their own I guess - the ceramics do look pretty good ngl!

Just collected my M3P from Manchester. No issues found it was super dusty on the outside but other than that all good.

Literally just adding some charge at the super charger for the journey home it was at 50%

View attachment 848137
Now I'm settled in at home with a glass of red wine I can offer a bit more details on the collection..

As most know it's ridiculously straightforward and all I needed was to pass over my driver's license... Never asked for proof I'd paid or insurance... One thing they did was get me to sign to accept before walked over to the car, but they reassured me any problems would be handled... So just something to bare in mind

Unrelated to my collection but a couple on the desk next to me where trading in a Tesla and they were pulled up as there trade in was missing the type 2 cable... Again just something for people to bare in mind..

Anyway the car was dusty but I couldn't find anything wrong with the paint or anything went through a extensive checklist and find nothing I could complain about .. so just drove over to the very close supercharger at Trafford and put in 30% charge and then set off home...

The car is unreal, I absolutely love it, just need to get my charger installed now, but I'm slumming it on the 3 pin granny for now..

Going away for the weekend with the family in it tomorrow... The kids love it already with my youngest thinking it's magic as everything can be done via phone or whatever...

I'm sure many more will have a great collection day like I have over the rest of September...

Edit: one last bit... Quite a few collections today and plenty of cars at Trafford... And just as I was leave a car transporter full of Tesla arrived as well.

Its a well oiled machine at Trafford it seems..

Last edited:
Now I'm settled in at home with a glass of red wine I can offer a bit more details on the collection..

As most know it's ridiculously straightforward and all I needed was to pass over my driver's license... Never asked for proof I'd paid or insurance... One thing they did was get me to sign to accept before walked over to the car, but they reassured me any problems would be handled... So just something to bare in mind

Unrelated to my collection but a couple on the desk next to me where trading in a Tesla and they were pulled up as there trade in was missing the type 2 cable... Again just something for people to bare in mind..

Anyway the car was dusty but I couldn't find anything wrong with the paint or anything went through a extensive checklist and find nothing I could complain about .. so just drove over to the very close supercharger at Trafford and put in 30% charge and then set off home...

The car is unreal, I absolutely love it, just need to get my charger installed now, but I'm slumming it on the 3 pin granny for now..

Going away for the weekend with the family in it tomorrow... The kids love it already with my youngest thinking it's magic as everything can be done via phone or whatever...

I'm sure many more will have a great collection day like I have over the rest of September...

Week tomorrow I'm in Manchester for mine. So glad you've had a good experience 🤞 mines the same

Collected my new Model Y this morning. No hiccups. Seems quieter and slightly improved suspension over the Model Y I bought in March. Only obvious upgrade is the parcel shelf. 55% battery and 2022.20.8.
Staines collection well organised in and out in 15 minutes! Best yet!
Excellent collection experience at Newcastle Service Centre today. Car immaculate, washed and pristine, no paint issues, all gaps perfect, everything working as should. Both charging cables present, as was parcel shelf. 89% charge, dropped it a bit driving home, the acceleration is just too much to ignore…… Unboxed the waiting accessories and downloaded software update. Swap to Octopus intelligent went smoothly once I did the test charge with the Zappi fast charge switched on. Good to go now. Some pictures tomorrow if not raining, no rain for weeks and today a monsoon!

Excellent collection experience at Newcastle Service Centre today. Car immaculate, washed and pristine, no paint issues, all gaps perfect, everything working as should. Both charging cables present, as was parcel shelf. 89% charge, dropped it a bit driving home, the acceleration is just too much to ignore…… Unboxed the waiting accessories and downloaded software update. Swap to Octopus intelligent went smoothly once I did the test charge with the Zappi fast charge switched on. Good to go now. Some pictures tomorrow if not raining, no rain for weeks and today a monsoon!
I pick up from Newcastle on the 16th so this sounds great from my perspective!

Excellent, thanks for posting. Picture?

Ideally if you got a blue Y with some black wheel covers that would be ideal to see ;)

I got the Rimetrix covers for my 19s - really pleased with them. Look much better than the standard covers on my blue Y, and cover the alloys too so no curbing (or rather would curb the covers instead!). They are expensive as you pay high postage form the US and customs fee too - I was in the US visiting relatives so got it delivered there and took them home under the customs limit, so was more palatable

Before and after
2E93D738-1D23-4A52-898C-13BD63CF067E.jpeg

1CE94A49-06DC-4289-90DF-7C9F963C2E5B.jpeg

I got the Rimetrix covers for my 19s - really pleased with them. Look much better than the standard covers on my blue Y, and cover the alloys too so no curbing (or rather would curb the covers instead!). They are expensive as you pay high postage form the US and customs fee too - I was in the US visiting relatives so got it delivered there and took them home under the customs limit, so was more palatable

Before and after
View attachment 848649
View attachment 848651
The only colour to have, can’t wait for mine 👍