Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my M3P up on the 2nd - only just discovered this thread so here are some pics :)

Tesla M3P - no reg 1.jpg

Tesla M3P - no reg 2.jpg

Picked up from Bristol, only waited 10 minutes or so before they brought it out. They offered me coffee whilst i waited, asked if i wanted to be shown around the car and given a tutorial etc...good service, car was in a clean condition - so clean I had trouble photographing it in the sun as the light glare was crazy.

Car looks amazing, better than i expected, great drive on the way home from Bristol. SOC on pick up was ~50%. I've been really enjoying it for the past week. Wheels look much better in person than I expected. So glad I went with black, does look so good (when clean).

When I got the car back home I did notice some very small milky white spots on the paintwork that looked like they were under the clearcoat. You could only see them in the shade and not with the sun on the car so didn't notice them on collection. Thankfully they were not under the clearcoat and came straight off with a light polish. Someone else on here had the exact same issue with their midnight silver, I think they are still waiting for Tesla service to come out. Anyone else who notices these should be reassured that they only need a light polish to remove and not a repaint!

The pull from 0 to 60 is insane, like a rollercoaster, that surprised me too! - and i'm coming from a 400hp Golf R which is no slouch but doesn't launch anywhere near as hard or as effortlessly as this does.

No defects with the car, panel gaps perfect, everything lines up - only thing was the milky paint spots which i've polished out, probably some form of contamination on the way over from China. Do have one minor intermittent rattle which is from the seat belt height adjuster by right of your head - a common issue on many cars as the height adjuster assembly can be rattly due to it's adjustability. I've had to fix this on VW's in the past with some dampening material so will do the same here at some point. No other rattles though - thank god, my last couple of VW's have been a complete rattle fest, my 2018 Golf R had dozens I had to find and fix so this is a huge improvement!

Great car, completely different experience to everything i have driven before but you get used to everything quite quickly and before long it becomes second nature.....getting back into my Golf R and it looks and feels outdated, as well as being incredibly sluggish - once you get used to instant brutal acceleration you can never go back!

Last edited:
So update on whole collection debacle... Now arranged to pick it up tomorrow. Could have collected it today but I’m working and unfortunately cannot cancel work that easily.

Was called yesterday by Tesla and told could be delivered but the guy this morning said they can’t as it’s financed (Tesla loan). It seems Tesla doesn’t know it’s a**e from its elbow!!!

I’m not sure I’ll be reassured until I have the keycards and the actual car but fingers crossed no more problems 🤞

So update on whole collection debacle... Now arranged to pick it up tomorrow. Could have collected it today but I’m working and unfortunately cannot cancel work that easily.

Was called yesterday by Tesla and told could be delivered but the guy this morning said they can’t as it’s financed (Tesla loan). It seems Tesla doesn’t know it’s a**e from its elbow!!!

I’m not sure I’ll be reassured until I have the keycards and the actual car but fingers crossed no more problems 🤞
Fingers crossed here too - good luck! I'm still waiting to hear back from TFS...

Good luck, I hope it goes smoothly for you tomorrow.

Reactions: ForkyorOlafEV
Thank you for that timely report. I was starting to get Tesla accessory buying withdrawal symtom
@Sparky750 Yep! You've done it now! You put the Tessie worm in my head!

I just listened to John singing "Imagine" which lead me to buy "Tessie"! ( I know; weird or what.) However, after the app download, my imagination remained unassuaged. So, I checked if the Tessories' door pocket liners were back in stock.

Nope. As I was there anyway, I bought the centre console padded cover and protectors for the plastic part of the door cills. I then went on to acquire the other, more expensive, front door only, liners at Amazon and as I was there anyway, I secured for a price and arranged delivery to my abode, a nice white, soft neck cushion which ties on to the head restraint.

I will keep this soft "neck spa" ( my description) out of sight until, one day, on holiday (we are off on 20th September - can't wait) SWMBO will asks if we could not go out in Lizzie today because "I've got a bit of stiff neck" and abracadabra! A soft neck cushion miraculously appears....
......and then and then....I get a look that could put Nitromors out of business...and then and then, I settle for a feet up, glass of wine and a good book sort of day........

.....I might wash Lizzie!

@Sparky750 Yep! You've done it now! You put the Tessie worm in my head!

I just listened to John singing "Imagine" which lead me to buy "Tessie"! ( I know; weird or what.) However, after the app download, my imagination remained unassuaged. So, I checked if the Tessories' door pocket liners were back in stock.

Nope. As I was there anyway, I bought the centre console padded cover and protectors for the plastic part of the door cills. I then went on to acquire the other, more expensive, front door only, liners at Amazon and as I was there anyway, I secured for a price and arranged delivery to my abode, a nice white, soft neck cushion which ties on to the head restraint.

I will keep this soft "neck spa" ( my description) out of sight until, one day, on holiday (we are off on 20th September - can't wait) SWMBO will asks if we could not go out in Lizzie today because "I've got a bit of stiff neck" and abracadabra! A soft neck cushion miraculously appears....
......and then and then....I get a look that could put Nitromors out of business...and then and then, I settle for a feet up, glass of wine and a good book sort of day........

.....I might wash Lizzie!
P.S. Am I even allowed in this thread? There are good tales here and the temptation to respond is strong. As Oscar wrote: I can resist anything except temptation.

Reactions: Sparky750
Hi everyone,

I‘ve asked this a couple of times, but never got an answer.

I’ve ordered a Y on a lease with Lex so have a Tesla account setup with no cars in it so far.

My car is being delivered on Thursday this week so at some point after delivery the car will appear in the Tesla app on my phone.

My question is, how do Tesla know which Tesla account to allocate the car to? Is it captured in some way as part of delivery, or do Tesla text you directly to ask for your account username? Or is there some other way?

Very curious as to how it works! TIA.

Hi everyone,

I’ve ordered a Y on a lease with Lex so have a Tesla account setup with no cars in it so far.

My car is being delivered on Thursday this week so at some point after delivery the car will appear in the Tesla app on my phone.

My question is, how do Tesla know which Tesla account to allocate the car to? Is it captured in some way as part of delivery, or do Tesla text you directly to ask for your account username? Or is there some other way?

I'm no expert but there is a part in your account (Garage?) with a link if you got a Tesla via a 3rd party.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Hi everyone,

I am sorry you have been ignored. I am not on lease but many members are and so I am sure you will get some pointers soon.

I guess you have failed (or been failed by) to get any sense out of LEX or Tesla on the matter.

You will love your Y when it gets to you.

All best

Reactions: Markee68
Hi everyone,

You should originally have had an email invite from Tesla Account Security to "Finish setting up your Tesla account". This would have been to the email address you supplied to your lease company, This is likely to be the same day (+- 1 day) that you received your text confirming your RN.

So in one fell swoop Tesla have captured both your phone number and email address.

You will likely also get an email to that email address on the day of delivery asking you to confirm delivery has occurred. Once you do, they will assign the car to your account.

Hi everyone,

If you look through your text messages from Tesla have you not a message like this:

“Tesla Update - On your delivery day you will receive your Delivery Declaration via email to your '#####.co.uk' address. Sign this document immediately upon your car's arrival to activate your Tesla App and complete your delivery.

For me, it’s same address as my lease company (zenith, company salary sacrifice provider) has been using to contact me, I’ve also had a couple of emails to that address by Tesla.

I’ll know for sure on Wednesday when my car is delivered. Excited Much…

Currently bought key fob, and investigating dog guard, boot mats, drink holders, kids tablet holder, oh god how much money am I going to spend???

If you look through your text messages from Tesla have you not a message like this:

“Tesla Update - On your delivery day you will receive your Delivery Declaration via email to your '#####.co.uk' address. Sign this document immediately upon your car's arrival to activate your Tesla App and complete your delivery.
Yes, I do have this. Thank you.

I also had an email to the same address as a reminder to reply to the schedule delivery text.

So car being delivered Thursday, looks like I’m all good to go!

Thanks for your help and for taking the time to reply.

Yes, I do have this. Thank you.

I also had an email to the same address as a reminder to reply to the schedule delivery text.

So car being delivered Thursday, looks like I’m all good to go!

Thanks for your help and for taking the time to reply.

You should get a text from the delivery company the afternoon before. Mine arrived around 2pm from We Deliver Cars stating they had a window in the morning and the driver would confirm a 1 hour window.

It's on its way can't wait, no sleep tonight 🤣

Not told the missus yet, going with "Ordered fitted car mats, seems they come already fitted" 🤔 🤣🤣🤣

You should get a text from the delivery company the afternoon before. Mine arrived around 2pm from We Deliver Cars stating they had a window in the morning and the driver would confirm a 1 hour window.

Not told the missus yet, going with "Ordered fitted car mats, seems they come already fitted" 🤔 🤣🤣🤣
Strange, I’ve got a similar plan with the key fob, of course all cars come with at least one. 😇

That’s awesome mate, exciting times!

I‘ve spent an absolute fortune on Amazon on accessories, but they are all necessities, right? 😜