Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked up my red MY at Staines this morning. Car was fairly clean and couldn't find any faults with it at all. Drives very well although really don't like seeing the battery percentage drop every few minutes... The suspension seemed really good to me. It feels comparable to my old Volvo XC60 (very stiff) air suspension so was really pleasantly surprised. Also very pleased with the colour having bought it sight unseen.

Attachments

• IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 53
View attachment 855295

View attachment 855294

Collected with 6 miles on the clock and already put 120 on the clock in one day!

Similar great experiences to those posted earlier. Here’s a phrase I bet nobody has used before: “I wish I’d taken more photos of Staines.” A lot of MY’s at the start of the day.

No complaints, no major issues. Just had to even out the bonnet by extending the stop on the left hand side 👍

Two pics because that red is something else in the flesh… #teamred
Red is lovely. I was passed by a nice brand new red+silver wheels MY on the M4 this morning, reg **72XX*

View attachment 855534
Had the Y a few weeks. It's in need of a wash! Just installed some black wheel covers from Tessories which I believe is a great aesthetic upgrade and relatively inexpensive. Love the car so far. Starting to get used to all of the systems and charging (my first EV).
Wow, that looks great. I've ordered a set myself. Did they come with the 'T' centre caps?

Wow, that looks great. I've ordered a set myself. Did they come with the 'T' centre caps?
Just checking, are they handed for both sides. Not even sure whether the Gemini covers are handed either but I fancy getting a set for mine as your car looks great and would protect rims from damage. Thinking it would also suit the grey paint better than the stock items but I only went for 19” wheels due to ride comfort before the ride comfort was improved recently.

Regarding "they all look the same". I have a white Y on 19s with a black interior. An awful lot of other people will have the same! And that is fine, because:
I *love* pearl white paint. Would choose it as a paid option, so getting it free is ace
Personally I think 20s are too big - certainly were on my Volvo S90 previously
I prefer black interior to the white. And it goes better against the white paint

Yes, we will see increasing numbers of these cars. And that is a Good Thing. The Model Y is such a good car that it could become an EV-homage to the Model T Ford - there are so many of them because its universal. That's not a bad thing!

So today`s the day 🥰 up with the lark, leisurely brekky and a mosey up to the B`ham NEC Tesla collection hub. Found gate 3 then onto Hall 16 (Like a hangar covered in white fabric/plastic!) well lit and dry. 3 desks in use for check-in with only 2 people collecting (including us) Smooth and unfussed, only wanted to see D-licence and Insurance proof. My MYLR was just by thr check-in booth, so it was a case of there is your car sir, have a good look arround, have a play and give us a shout IF there are ANY issues! I took various pics of o/e supplied goodies and upspecs. 6mls on the clock and 48% charged. Happy ☺️ to say the car /bodywork and my white trim were all IMMACULATE! Long way around back home with my good lady following in her car (my lift) so kept it to max. 70/80mph....with the odd squirt of course 😇 Got to say it does bob-along VERY nicely (play-time another day 😈 ) PS. Tesla Home Wall Charger behaving perfectly too!

Attachments

• Rear Luggage Cover Folded for access.JPG
    Rear Luggage Cover Folded for access.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
  • As Suplied Upholstered Rear Luggage Cover (folding).JPG
    As Suplied Upholstered Rear Luggage Cover (folding).JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 52
  • As Suppied Emerancy Kit.JPG
    As Suppied Emerancy Kit.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
  • As Supplied Frunk Contents (Both Charge-Cable Types).JPG
    As Supplied Frunk Contents (Both Charge-Cable Types).JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 54
  • Collection s.o.c (more than enough to get home).JPG
    Collection s.o.c (more than enough to get home).JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
  • My Baby`s Rear! Cant wait for the V5 to get the reg. changed.JPG
    My Baby`s Rear! Cant wait for the V5 to get the reg. changed.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 44
  • My Baby! Having a  chat with a model X being pampered..JPG
    My Baby! Having a chat with a model X being pampered..JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
  • In good company! Lots more arriving on transporters.JPG
    In good company! Lots more arriving on transporters.JPG
    688.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Tesla Check-in NEC.JPG
    Tesla Check-in NEC.JPG
    414.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Tesla Std. m-flaps front fit only (too long and so flat!).JPG
    Tesla Std. m-flaps front fit only (too long and so flat!).JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hi All
My I was unable to access my MY yesterday so called tesla assistance option 1 lock outs/accidents they tried to waken the car without success so arranged a mobile technician to call however before he arrived they called back and advised a recovery vehicle would be sent
so about 12.20 the vehicle arrived and recovered the car (which lasted till 13.45) and then to tesla Edinburgh where it is now it appears its more like a coma it is in rather than asleep. I have a loan car model 3 long range I think, blue with white interior which is another great car.
So after 20 days the car is with tesla, the customer service experience was first class, I have owned BMW's for over 30 years and would
say tesla is easily at least a par with BMW.