Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also agree with the conversations around suspension. It seems almost like it has a life of its own.

It is a firm ride, but it's a bloody heavy car with immediate steering and incredible acceleration. It needs to stay on the road! It does tend to crash a bit over pot holes but it's not bad enough to knock fillings out. It does a fine job of smoothing out motorways and some of the less well kept A roads. It doesn't feel much different to our ageing Ford S-Max.

We have "Easy Entry" the default profile and then we just tap and choose and let the car adjust.

Thats a smart solution! Thanks
Yes that’s what we do. Not much extra faff to then select the setting.

Although In the split seconds before selecting me, the car has occasionally decided I am my wife and started to slowly squash me between the steering wheel and seat!! I think it knows it’s doing this, and is just Elon having some fun at our expense!

• Funny
Reactions: MattM76
Well, after some palaver yesterday with regards to delivery, El Caballero Blanco is finally on the driveway. Seamless experience at the NEC and the car is absolutely flawless in every way. Was in and out of there in less than ten minutes.

Spent this afternoon applying the Avalon King ceramic coating, and I have to say, it does a top job and is super easy to do. Would recommend to anyone getting a new car.

Couple of pics just to add to the library.

Almost forgot - we’re now a Two-Tesla household. We’ve gone all-in!

766B9B12-EAB9-4BAA-BB4E-91F5C6198EA5.jpeg

9A57A4A9-7246-4E63-8DDC-4B0041A2B1DA.jpeg

D74D2AC0-AFC5-4956-AEEB-B120F5FA42C1.jpeg

71587026-5AB2-4CC7-BF7A-CC7C34FF8671.jpeg

Delivery day arrived at the NEC.

Pick was easy after a quick queue, left trade-in model 3 outside. They took a few details and in I went.

I spent a good hour checking the car, I've found nothing wrong with it. The wheel cover has some sticky residue left on, however, one of the staff quickly came and sorted that.20220928_101144.jpg20220928_101620.jpg20220928_103049.jpg20220928_103104.jpg20220928_104055.jpg20220928_104057.jpg20220928_104059.jpg20220928_104100.jpg

Parcel shelf, new type 2 and granny charger all there. Suspension feels the same as my Model 3, no issue for me. The car itself feels far better built, no rattles etc.

Good luck everyone else who is still waiting, it's worth the wait. :)

20220928_101144.jpg
20220928_101620.jpg

Pick was easy after a quick queue, left trade-in model 3 outside. They took a few details and in I went.

I spent a good hour checking the car, I've found nothing wrong with it. The wheel cover has some sticky residue left on, however, one of the staff quickly came and sorted that.View attachment 857731View attachment 857734View attachment 857743View attachment 857744View attachment 857745View attachment 857746View attachment 857749View attachment 857750

Parcel shelf, new type 2 and granny charger all there. Suspension feels the same as my Model 3, no issue for me. The car itself feels far better built, no rattles etc.

View attachment 857731View attachment 857734
Im on your photo! 🤣

What are the "utterly baseless rumours" around Model Y parcel shelves of which you speak. I am not familiar with them?
Good ! They're utterly baseless 😂

(Here's a recent example, if you missed it : Model Y UK Delivery. And you can even see the worried response from a new member immediately after that. There are plenty of other examples on here, and even more on other forums.)

• Disagree
Reactions: Danny_F
Collection from Trafford Centre today - quick and painless. Replaced my M3LR in black with a M3P in red. Quick drive home on M60 to calibrate cameras and now plugged in ready to charge overnight. I’ll have a proper look on Saturday as I’m away tomorrow and Friday. Panel gaps appear to be ok (one side where boot meets C pillar is slightly larger but even with my OCD it’s perfectly acceptable. Wheels look lovely in person, as does the red / white combo.

Attachments

• 4F7DCC9D-D7A1-45B0-9472-301DBE30453E.jpeg
    4F7DCC9D-D7A1-45B0-9472-301DBE30453E.jpeg
    882.7 KB · Views: 49
Collected from Bluewater on Saturday, 9am slot

Was picked up from home in Essex at 8am for a lift to the collection centre. By the time we got to the bottom of the road a traffic update kicked in on the radio to tell us Dartford crossing was down to one lane and to be avoided :rolleyes:. Not many route alternatives to Bluewater so our 30min trip turned into a 90min queue but it could have been worse. Arrived within the hour slot

A LOT of Teslas at the delivery centre and the kind lady on reception said more were arriving every day. We were one of 2 or 3 groups I could see collecting. No queues, straight in, quick look at driving license and a squiggle of the phone screen was all it took to be handed the cardboard pouch containing the keys. "Your car is somewhere in this row, or maybe that row. Congratulations and enjoy your Tesla"

So the delivery experience ended. At this point I pretty much forgot what I was supposed to do. We found the car a couple of spaces along from the desk and I started to look around it. In truth the cars were too close together and the light in the ground floor of the multistory was far too dim to really see anything of note. I mentioned elsewhere if you are really wanting to do a proper inspection in those conditions take a torch. I tried my phone light but gave up. Gaps all looked good to me, chargers and first aid kit all present. Rear foot mats were in the boot

Took 4 tries to get into the car with the card. Had a quick check inside and spent 20mins faffing about with the screen and settings without any real plan as to what I was doing. Had to ask for staff assistance to close down the Netflix app :p I put all this down to the heady mix of nerves and excitement haha

49% charge and I forgot to check odometer (also didn't know how to) so I rolled slooooooowly out into the awaiting SCs for a quick bit of juice
View attachment 857685
Big shout out the guy in the stall next to me who quickly I identified my confused face and helped with the selection between the two available SC charging cables and I was going

Out of Bluewater and onto the M25 the car was awesome. Could not be happier. No squeaks or rattles, suspension (coming from a Panamera) feels just right given the performance - I'm honestly confused by the fussy reviews and reception here. Much softer and you'd feel like you were in a bus

View attachment 857686

Car was certainly grubby, but looked like it had been prepped but had been left for quite some time. As I presumed I got a cancellation slot this made sense. No paint issues that I noticed once out into the light but its booked for ceramics on the 10th so will get any feedback on that from the detailer.

I'll update some better pics and feedback by the end of the week with a few more miles on the clock, but I really am smitten. The tech, the convenience, the performance.... it's all such a great package.

My only small gripe if over duelling phone keys. Both me and my wife have driving profiles (I'm 6'4 and she is 5'6 - so there are some differences in set up!) but if we both approach the car it seems to get confused as to who is going to drive. If the car is set in my profile but decides to select my wife's profile as I sit down it crushes me against the steering wheel like a trash compactor 🤣

Enjoy your cars class of Q3. I am absolutely delighted with mine
Congratulations! Rear mats? Is it not a one piece mat for the rear?

WRT the auto / window wiper erratic issue shared earlier, i am not sure if it contributes but just for info (I am sure most of you are already aware), even if the wipers are set as “off” from the controls, they are switching to “auto” every time when the TACC or AP is activated.

I spent a good hour checking the car, I've found nothing wrong with it. The wheel cover has some sticky residue left on, however, one of the staff quickly came and sorted that.View attachment 857731View attachment 857734View attachment 857743View attachment 857744View attachment 857745View attachment 857746View attachment 857749View attachment 857750

Lol

lol. We were in front. You can just see my wife’s stripy top and body warmer. Must have been about 10:15 this morning!

We picked up from NEC today. Car all fine but we have a service appointment booked for Friday morning.

Phone key both mine and wife’s keeps connecting and disconetting all the time. It means it’s takes 3-5 attempts to get in the car, engage to drive and then it’s hit or miss if the walk away lock works. It’s very frustrating and we have to use the cards

We have reinstalled apps and tried all sorts but to no avail. :(

Otherwise. Car is perfect, not a gap, or anything to note.

Reactions: _Dave_
I was the 46th out of 47 collections at Glasgow today. They have another 40ish cars being handed out on both Thursday and Friday and were driving cars onto the site when I picked mine up, but didn’t see where the truck was parked. Handover was courteous and done in minutes. Car was immaculately presented inside and out and with genuinely perfect paint finish and build- truly faultless (448vin). I’ve no idea whether it has better or different suspension to this or that but I like it and compared to my 5yo X3 it’s a revelation in every respect. 5miles on the clock and after getting home and taking mrs Bob for a wee spin it’s now at 54miles with range dropping just 39 miles all thanks to chill mode and the full regen setting. I’m a no-going-back convert already and for all the various points of difference here and there I don’t know a car better suited for my needs. Software is updating in the drive just now and then I will test my hypervolt out. Will take it out later to check the lighting and as weather here has been sunny I’ve not tested out the wipers. However, I can’t imagine those features will be anything other than a positive step forward compared to my well lit but old style halogen X3. Will check the wiper spindle caps as this was flagged up months ago as something prone to falling off and stick it on with a blob of glue if needed. Also looked for the bolt sticking out of the front footwell. Mine does and I expect everyone will have this. My suspension mounts look like all the other ones posted on here and I don’t care whether it’s aluminium, steel, wood or cowsh#t because it all works well. Has any car been so critically scrutinised? Arguably not but my car delights me with how it’s been built and how it operates and please trust me I set a high bar having owned quality German cars for over 30years. Allied to the brilliant charging network, outstanding EURO NCAP reviews and never having to muck about with traditional dealers and servicing and their pile of bollox, I can’t pick fault with it 10/10. Now for a small selection of obligatory photos in imperfect light with my phone and ahead of me washing and detailing and ceramic coating at weekend. PS the software update has been completed as it just flagged up on my iPad- brilliant! QuanTim, I hope you get your side window sorted out soon and they get to the bottom of what caused it. I for one will provide a friendly wave and a smile to all Tesla owners (but especially the 72plate MYLR troops). To the Q3 troops picking up on Thursday and Friday I’m sure it will go well and for the Glasgow gang I’m certain the Tesla team here will fix any faults before you ever see them. Q4 people can look forward with relish- you’ve made a very wise choice. Hogarth is home and I love him.

Edit: hypervolt is charging car now and all looks great from Tesla app, hypervolt app and the car display. Seamless correspondence between them and the spiders who made webs on the charger in the last 2 months might be feeling a wee bit giddy now!

EDIT: the sunroof is a thing of wonder and almost disappears against the MSM colour scheme. I better stop the superlatives as you folks know this already.

Attachments

• F5B9846F-83FB-4BBE-B2AA-19A5C56CCFCB.jpeg
    F5B9846F-83FB-4BBE-B2AA-19A5C56CCFCB.jpeg
    557.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 6F339F2A-AF25-4CB8-8701-E1D8C7503CBB.jpeg
    6F339F2A-AF25-4CB8-8701-E1D8C7503CBB.jpeg
    610.6 KB · Views: 43
  • CF815E47-9B42-4DDC-9EB4-9C360706D952.jpeg
    CF815E47-9B42-4DDC-9EB4-9C360706D952.jpeg
    662.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 4DDAD081-240C-46B9-AA6F-5AA9ABB00D0F.jpeg
    4DDAD081-240C-46B9-AA6F-5AA9ABB00D0F.jpeg
    714.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I was the 46th out of 47 collections at Glasgow today. They have another 40ish cars being handed out on both Thursday and Friday and were driving cars onto the site when I picked mine up, but didn’t see where the truck was parked. Handover was courteous and done in minutes. Car was immaculately presented inside and out and with genuinely perfect paint finish and build- truly faultless (448vin). I’ve no idea whether it has better or different suspension to this or that but I like it and compared to my 5yo X3 it’s a revelation in every respect. 5miles on the clock and after getting home and taking mrs Bob for a wee spin it’s now at 54miles with range dropping just 39 miles all thanks to chill mode and the full regen setting. I’m a no-going-back convert already and for all the various points of difference here and there I don’t know a car better suited for my needs. Software is updating in the drive just now and then I will test my hypervolt out. Will take it out later to check the lighting and as weather here has been sunny I’ve not tested out the wipers. However, I can’t imagine those features will be anything other than a positive step forward compared to my well lit but old style halogen X3. Will check the wiper spindle caps as this was flagged up months ago as something prone to falling off and stick it on with a blob of glue if needed. Also looked for the bolt sticking out of the front footwell. Mine does and I expect everyone will have this. My suspension mounts look like all the other ones posted on here and I don’t care whether it’s aluminium, steel, wood or cowsh#t because it all works well. Has any car been so critically scrutinised? Arguably not but my car delights me with how it’s been built and how it operates and please trust me I set a high bar having owned quality German cars for over 30years. Allied to the brilliant charging network, outstanding EURO NCAP reviews and never having to muck about with traditional dealers and servicing and their pile of bollox, I can’t pick fault with it 10/10. Now for a small selection of obligatory photos in imperfect light with my phone and ahead of me washing and detailing and ceramic coating at weekend. PS the software update has been completed as it just flagged up on my iPad- brilliant! QuanTim, I hope you get your side window sorted out soon and they get to the bottom of what caused it. I for one will provide a friendly wave and a smile to all Tesla owners (but especially the 72plate MYLR troops). To the Q3 troops picking up on Thursday and Friday I’m sure it will go well and for the Glasgow gang I’m certain the Tesla team here will fix any faults before you ever see them. Q4 people can look forward with relish- you’ve made a very wise choice. Hogarth is home and I love him.
Very glad you made it to ownership in the end SB. You’ve been stalwart waiting.

Reactions: StarbucksBob
Collection from Trafford Centre today - quick and painless. Replaced my M3LR in black with a M3P in red. Quick drive home on M60 to calibrate cameras and now plugged in ready to charge overnight. I’ll have a proper look on Saturday as I’m away tomorrow and Friday. Panel gaps appear to be ok (one side where boot meets C pillar is slightly larger but even with my OCD it’s perfectly acceptable. Wheels look lovely in person, as does the red / white combo.
Were you the guy who was racing the Lamborghini earlier haha. When I was there about midday there was a red M3P drag racing a Lamborghini.

Last edited:
Apologies for going a bit quiet since yesterday, I was too drawn in the excitement of my new Model Y.

Picked up at NEC yesterday, process very smooth, the TA almost gave me a minor panic when he gave me the last digit of the registration wrong, before correcting himself :).

Overall the car looks brilliant and couldn't find a single thing wrong with it at the centre, I was terrified driving it outside the NEC and trying to find the exit but the car drives like a dream.

Had some more fun it in today driving to work and back, autopilot is amazing.

I did notice one minor issue, one of the door seals has a minor kink in it, doesn't affect anything it just looks a bit odd. Tesla said I had 100 miles to report anything so I've flagged it on the App and got a Tesla ranger coming out Monday to fix it.

Other than that, it's fantastic.