Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@TheRealWatto I had a quick check on paint surfaces just now. I can say with complete honesty there are no fine scratches or swirls on the paint on any panel. It’s 100% mint! I will get it fully detailed at the weekend in prep for simple foaming and pressure washing (as I have done for my weekend car I bought new 12 years ago and to this day doesn’t have 1 fine scratch). The Tesla Does have a few bits of dust on it now but I tried to take some photos for you but all you can see is the full reflection of the surroundings such as the garage door and the clouds in the sky!

Did I mention I love this car already? I’m sure you will too.
Not too worried about the paint, what I've seen so far mostly seems like issues with PPF having bubbles and headlight fittings being a bit off.

I suspect when I do the snow foam/pressure wash over the weekend I'll notice stuff if there is anything (usually the misfortunes of shopping centre car parks) but not expecting anything major.

Honestly main thing I'm nervous about is driving a brand new car through an unfamiliar part of Glasgow then ~50 miles down the motorway in the pouring rain :) I probably won't get much sleep tonight due to excitement.

Regarding the lack of rear wiper, having a VW hatchback currently that does have one, it's only really useful for reversing off the driveway when the window is dirty. Don't think I've ever found it much use during actual driving.

Just drive and let aerodynamics do its thing
The rear screen wiper, in our cars, is pretty much irrelivant and would be sooo ugly! If you need to reverse/see behind, just tap the camera-lens icon on the lower part of your screen and you get a loverly (fish-eye lens) no dribbley view behind and as mentioned the air-flow takes care of any residual water on the roof/screen (especialy if the body work/glass is nano-coated) :cool:

Reactions: StarbucksBob
I had a quick look at mine as your comments prompted me to do. My photos are attached and I honestly see no issue and I can’t tell if they are better,same or worse than yours so would be chuffed to hear how you get on with the service guys fixing them. The “gaps” are even and the crease lines are true from lamp to wings. Also shows up well that the paint is perfect and the wee faint line on one was actually a spider silk thread. What do others think?
So it’s been in and they’re “in spec” so I’m happy to take that and crack ok.

They’ve sorted out the PPF and a bit of the trim near the windscreen so I’m happy with that. They’ve booked me in for a mobile repair because the airbag/horn part of the steering wheel is a bit discoloured and there look like what appears to be gouges

Quick collection report...

Security guards who let us into the NEC were jolly which is a first😂. Always pleased to see someone happy in their work!

Process exactly the same as for my M3LR in March, very slick but as we knew what to expect it is very much a simple handover exercise.

Arrived on site, very quiet, spoke with a lovely young girl who took my wife's driving licence then did her magic. Card and car location given to us and then we approached and inspected.

After a full walk around and play inside the only 'problem' we encountered was a scuff on the drivers side front wheel arch. Spoke to a Tech guy and after he checked we were happy that was the only issue he took it away and 5 minutes later it was back and sorted.

Odometer was reading 6 miles
Charge was 50% (162 miles)
Software was already 2022.28.2
All charger cables etc accounted for including big first aid kit

We then took it outside for a look in the daylight and noticed another scuff on the other side plus a tiny scratch, again very difficult to spot but wandered back inside to report and followed the above process again. Came back and couldn't see anything.

All then good so we headed off to Hopwood to verify the superchargers bill my wife and not me... ✅

Now home and filling car with accessories...

Had my first drive shortly after, it is my wife's car after all, and have to say it's impressive. Very pleased. I like the driving style, doesn't feel significantly different to my M3 and as everything is the same to operate it's so easy to swap between the 2 cars. It is a special car, I think a little more solid than my 3 even though mine is a 2022 (22) model. No problems or concerns, and overall a very happy wife = happy life!!

It's been a pleasure listening to you all through this process but I'm signing off now as I need to get a a bit of normality back in my life. Hopefully see you all again in 3-4 years?
IMG_2182.jpeg

Last edited:
It's been a pleasure listening to you all through this process but I'm signing off now as I need to get a a bit of normality back in my life. Hopefully see you all again in 3-4 years?
Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Your wife’s car is the same as my wife’s car!

See you in a few years maybe. And don’t forget to turn out the lights 😂

Quick collection report...

Security guards who let us into the NEC were jolly which is a first😂. Always pleased to see someone happy in their work!

Process exactly the same as for my M3LR in March, very slick but as we knew what to expect it is very much a simple handover exercise.

Arrived on site, very quiet, spoke with a lovely young girl who took my wife's driving licence then did her magic. Card and car location given to us and then we approached and inspected.

After a full walk around and play inside the only 'problem' we encountered was a scuff on the drivers side front wheel arch. Spoke to a Tech guy and after he checked we were happy that was the only issue he took it away and 5 minutes later it was back and sorted.

Odometer was reading 6 miles
Charge was 50% (162 miles)
Software was already 2022.28.2
All charger cables etc accounted for including big first aid kit

We then took it outside for a look in the daylight and noticed another scuff on the other side plus a tiny scratch, again very difficult to spot but wandered back inside to report and followed the above process again. Came back and couldn't see anything.

All then good so we headed off to Hopwood to verify the superchargers bill my wife and not me... ✅

Now home and filling car with accessories...

Had my first drive shortly after, it is my wife's car after all, and have to say it's impressive. Very pleased. I like the driving style, doesn't feel significantly different to my M3 and as everything is the same to operate it's so easy to swap between the 2 cars. It is a special car, I think a little more solid than my 3 even though mine is a 2022 (22) model. No problems or concerns, and overall a very happy wife = happy life!!

It's been a pleasure listening to you all through this process but I'm signing off now as I need to get a a bit of normality back in my life. Hopefully see you all again in 3-4 years?View attachment 858114
for anyone torn between delivery locations. ( and I know it will be too late for most on here) if NEC is in the running I would recommend it just because it is indoors. It is nice to be able to give the car a good once over without the British weather intervening.

I finally did a full audit on the car using the Tesla prep app and nothing found at all. 10/10 for quality and function and I wouldn’t change anything about it, and home charger running faultlessly as well. I will check in until Saturday with others still likely to post their photos so I can send my congratulations. Then it will be time for me to go to infinity and beyond….🚀 and leave the stage to the Q4 undergrads.

Looks like the all weather mats for the Model Y are out of stock or just don’t appear to exist… has anyone got any 3rd party recommendations that are good and don’t look too aftermarket?

Looking for floor mats, boot mat and one for under the bonnet
I’m very happy with the set from Tesery that arrived yesterday. All the pieces you mention plus the lower boot as well.
58D9D8B7-C5BC-48B9-8F26-ED36F2295BC6.jpeg
3221EFA0-D38D-4FF8-B4F2-6D7B174A90E4.jpeg
DF1F4ADA-B19A-4CD2-B636-40AC98247720.jpeg

Reactions: SteelmanMFC
I collected a black Model Y yesterday from Bluewater as a last minute cancellation. Does anyone know how long it takes for the V5 to arrive? I’m keen to get it in to TFL for the congestion charge exemption
Its fully automated. In theory the registration would be processed overnight. The v5 printed the next day and sent out. So by now it should be in the post. My guess would be Monday or Tuesday.

I hear a mechanical click sound from the “gas” pedal every time when the car transitions to stationary position (on hold mode). Does anyone have similar observation?
I have an observation. No one in the UK says "gas" pedal even when talking about an ICE car so using it, even in quotes, is a bit wierd when talking about an EV?
P. S. No not noticed this on mine.

Apologies for hijacking an owners thread (mine's due ned of year etc) but I'm trying to get my head round charging - moreover the cables/leads/sockets/plugs whilst on the go.... I've never owned an EV so unfamiliar with the cables that I may need. I've a home charger installed already to suit the Tesla - so that's ok, my questions is more about when I'm out on the roads. Obvs if a charger has the Tesla charger plug there's no probs - but if it's a type 2 plug do we get (or do I need to get) a type 2 to CCS adaptor? Or can I charge the directly with type 2 plug? Or do I get both options? I've seen this - which I assume comes with car? Do I need anything else?
I'd like to order in advance any other bits I may need - so any help would be appreciated 👍

1664523245418.png