Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, if a performance badge has a red underline, then it is not. šŸ˜‰

Maybe it should be used to indicate Acceleration Boost?!

I have a similar badge ready to put on, as Iā€™m intending to also de-chrome the T logos.

I may just run without the dual motor - hope people ā€˜in the knowā€™ donā€™t think itā€™s a standard rangeā€¦ šŸ™„

or just leave the badges on that it came with

• Disagree
Reactions: EV-Head
I've just spent a hundred quid on cleaning products šŸ™ˆ
Oh! Don't we love a cleaning product or ten for our Q2/Q3 babes.
Don't forget Spotless Water or similar and a K4 Karcher or similar that will draw water from a container. I use 25 litre plastic jerrycans. I bought 80 litres at their Mitchum tank today. They have whacked the price up to 3.2p/litre šŸ˜€

I am eyed with suspicion by strangers in the road who, although they can't see a hosepipe ( we are in ban territory), seem sure that I am up to some ban- breaking trickery.

When the ban is over, I will probably reserve the Spotless for the final rinse.

Now then .... SWIMBO says " You said you would build an extension to house Lizzie's cleaning products when we returned from France.... well guess what!"

The chat from Q2 collections is that this works well. Apparently, you arrive, do a bit of admin and are given your key cards. You find the car and are left alone to pour over it without anyone there so can take as much or as little time as you want. App goes live very shortly after you get keys - for some while they are walking to find their car. For those expecting the lot show room with your car the sole focus of attention and someone to show you every bell and whistle, forget it!

You can easily go back and register issues. I understand that feedback for handover is a KPI so the agents do what they can.
We found ours quite touchy feely despite it being end of June. Attractive young law student part timer bought us to Lizzie (then un baptised) and sat in the back for a tutorial ( I explained most of it too heršŸ˜‚). Seriously though it was very useful. The whole collection experience was great but then it would have taken a very sharp pin to deflate me on that memorable occaission.

Now then.... SWIMBO says " You could have been a bit more tickled when she revealed the promised " ...big surprise for you" which was of course the parcel shelf!"

Reactions: RCMY
How are Q3ers finding their cars re. efficiency? I've got up close to 400 miles in 2 weeks and my maths says I'm getting approx 2.6miles per kWh

Lots of local stop/start miles in there and some very unnecessary trips to the shops for very little with too much right foot..... but still. I might have to recalculate the energy budget. I had planned for something starting with a 3 :D

How are Q3ers finding their cars re. efficiency? I've got up close to 400 miles in 2 weeks and my maths says I'm getting approx 2.6miles per kWh

Lots of local stop/start miles in there and some very unnecessary trips to the shops for very little with too much right foot..... but still. I might have to recalculate the energy budget. I had planned for something starting with a 3 :D

@1500 Miles I think I'm @2.4 Miles šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ˜‚ but most importantly I'm enjoying it and it's still cheaper than petrol when you suffer from the terrible affliction of heavy foot šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‚

Reactions: EV-Head
@1500 Miles I think I'm @2.4 Miles šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ˜‚ but most importantly I'm enjoying it and it's still cheaper than petrol when you suffer from the terrible affliction of heavy foot šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‚
:D True!

I've just got my switch to Octopus sorted today after finally losing patience with E-ON's "coming soon" EV options. Once I'm filling it with those sweet sweet 7.5p electrons then I might just stop counting altogether šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Reactions: Sparky750
Wow. Great looking car that one buddy

My MSM / 20s MY is going in for a full new-car prep and ceramics on Sunday. Poor thing has ben grubby since collection. Will share results
Iā€™m aching to give mine the new-car prep too! I just have to wait for the window to be fixed then itā€™s going in at the earlier possible moment. I canā€™t clean it at all with the window like that so Iā€™m living with a grubby blue too.

I know these cars are becoming more ubiquitous but just canā€™t help but pinch myself at being lucky enough to have one of these special cars. Just a joy to drive and own. Happy weekend Q3ā€™rs!

Well, if a performance badge has a red underline, then it is not. šŸ˜‰

Maybe it should be used to indicate Acceleration Boost?!

I have a similar badge ready to put on, as Iā€™m intending to also de-chrome the T logos.

I may just run without the dual motor - hope people ā€˜in the knowā€™ donā€™t think itā€™s a standard rangeā€¦ šŸ™„
I`m of the same idea badge-wise, after installing AB I simply added a single black line under my newly applied/replaced metal `Dual Motor` badge just to hint that the car is a bit different! (was thinking of doing the line in EV green but decided to keep with the overall white/black O/E theme that I love šŸ„° ) but I did put EV Green boarders on the no-plates..............wonder how many people `in-the-know` will work that one out? šŸ˜

Attachments

• New R-Reg Plate added 03.10.22.JPG
    New R-Reg Plate added 03.10.22.JPG
    661.4 KB · Views: 64

337Wh/Mile here so just under 3. Q3 has been colder than Q2 and don't we know it! Some drives I've barely seen a drop in % but others have been terrible. Mind you, I enjoy getting in to a car that's already warmed and does 4.8s 0-60 most of the time so can't grumble ;) 301Wh/mile on a 90 mile sensible cruise in the cold was good enough for me :)

Reactions: Radders and H43lio
My issue has been phone key and tire sensors. Turns out the secure Bluetooth module deals with both is faulty and thatā€™s why my phone key has been intermittent and sensors keep throwing warnings. Tesla diagnosed remotely and have to wait three days for replacement parts. They have been very good but I live 10 mins from Northampton service centre which is handy.

My issue has been phone key and tire sensors. Turns out the secure Bluetooth module deals with both is faulty and thatā€™s why my phone key has been intermittent and sensors keep throwing warnings. Tesla diagnosed remotely and have to wait three days for replacement parts. They have been very good but I live 10 mins from Northampton service centre which is handy.
How bad is the phone key issue? I sometimes also struggle to unlock/open rear or front passenger doors with the phone in my pocket. When I take it out and hold it near to the door for a few moments then it worksā€¦.but I have not received any tire warningā€¦

I am daunted with the idea of raising a service ticket for each issue as I am about an hr
away from the SC but considering to report a few issues altogether to be looked at in one goā€¦

How bad is the phone key issue? I sometimes also struggle to unlock/open rear or front passenger doors with the phone in my pocket. When I take it out and hold it near to the door for a few moments then it worksā€¦.but I have not received any tire warningā€¦

I am daunted with the idea of raising a service ticket for each issue as I am about an hr
away from the SC but considering to report a few issues altogether to be looked at in one goā€¦
itā€™s terrible as I have to use the key card or open the car and start it from the app. They have diagnosed itā€™s a fault though.

Reactions: Benotomy