Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the model Y started being delivered with a parcel shelf these began showing as not compatible. I'm not aware of anyone with a parcel shelf that's tried them, but if someone has, let us know as I wanted some but was put off by the message.
As mentioned previously, I was able to order and receive these a while before collection. Also, Q2 cars came with a parcel shelf/cargo cover. BTW, I am not usually a fan of cargo covers in SUVs, but the Y's cover really cuts that echoey sound caused by our cavernous luggage area.

Is it possible that the two voids have changed shape🤔. The app has just allowed me buy a set (cancelled just in time) even though I already have them in my Q2 car.

Yeah let us know what is said. I came away with the impression the person on the live chat didn't really know for sure. He just kept directing me to the webpage where it talks about it. Wish I'd had the presence of mind to ask if they were proactively going to let me know given that it was listed as a feature when I ordered. Oh well.
Ok. So “spoke” on live chat.

1. Asked if car had USS. Answer was yes and if it hadn’t I would have been asked to accept it in my account. (Which I have not been asked)
2. Does it have the new cameras. Answer (after a long wait) was that he had checked the VIN with a colleague and it comes with the most up to date cameras available.
3. Does the car have the upgraded/softer suspension. Answer was that it will have the most up to date suspension available.

I think all I can take from this is that the car has USS, but the response to the other questions seems like a get out of jail response as it depends on what was available at the time of build.

Reactions: rowedav
No mention of accepting no USS in my account either so I'm presuming (and hoping!) it has the sensors. Sounds like it will based on the chat above - and makes sense that those without USS have been asked to accept in account.

Not a deal breaker anyway for me personally but until Tesla Vision can mimic the behaviour reliably, it feels like a step back.

Ok. So “spoke” on live chat.

1. Asked if car had USS. Answer was yes and if it hadn’t I would have been asked to accept it in my account. (Which I have not been asked)
2. Does it have the new cameras. Answer (after a long wait) was that he had checked the VIN with a colleague and it comes with the most up to date cameras available.
3. Does the car have the upgraded/softer suspension. Answer was that it will have the most up to date suspension available.

I think all I can take from this is that the car has USS, but the response to the other questions seems like a get out of jail response as it depends on what was available at the time of build.
Thanks for that. Point 1 makes perfect sense. Except I have had no USS message (yet) but have been told my car won't have them. So either that Tesla rep doesn't really know/made a mistake or he's right. Seems I'll just have to wait and see.

TL;DR: I'm still none the wiser.

As mentioned previously, I was able to order and receive these a while before collection. Also, Q2 cars came with a parcel shelf/cargo cover. BTW, I am not usually a fan of cargo covers in SUVs, but the Y's cover really cuts that echoey sound caused by our cavernous luggage area.

Is it possible that the two voids have changed shape🤔. The app has just allowed me buy a set (cancelled just in time) even though I already have them in my Q2 car.
Interesting, mine is Q3 and I've been put off ordering them due to that message. Might post something in the accessories thread and see what comes back

As for the parcel shelf, I agree it does make a difference. Mine's hardly ever in the car though due to the dog!

Bit of a random question, but can anyone tell me what tyres UK MY LR's come with as standard? I'm leasing through Octopus and they have assured me it will be all seasons of some sort.
Summer tyres I'm afraid. Hankook Ventus if you have 19", Michelin Pilot Sport if 20".
Unless it's new for 2023 models, I haven't heard of any all season tyres that match speed and load specs for TMYs Geminis (104Y). You can find some CrossClimate on 104H at best but none will have the T0 OEM mark.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Paid my full balance on Saturday, but still not showing in my account. I did a £1 test transaction Friday that went through fine. Rang them up and they said "Don't worry - it will all be fine by the end of the day, just ring as back if its not in tomorrow'. Its 56 friking grand people, of course i am a little concerned that its not showing in my account.

....and relax.....
There is an issue with Tesla automatically applying the payment to your a/c, which means they are having to (slowly) manually apply it. I had the same worry.

I suspect they have a lot to process with Glovis Summit offloading its cargo - if it does not appear in a few days I would send Tesla a text - use the same number that sent you the "welcome to the tesla family"
Also it may take a couple of days for insurers websites to recognize the new plate - mine does not recognise it yet ! nor does Eurotunnel as i need to book it for our trip to france !

Also it may take a couple of days for insurers websites to recognize the new plate - mine does not recognise it yet ! nor does Eurotunnel as i need to book it for our trip to france !
It won't be registered until your collection day. They do that in case you don't show up and can reassign the car to a new owner without having to go through a lengthy process of amending the first registration documents with DVLA.
Use the manual make/model selection forms for Eurotunnel and phone your insurer let them know of the reg instead.

Reactions: sboldman
It won't be registered until your collection day. They do that in case you don't show up and can reassign the car to a new owner without having to go through a lengthy process of amending the first registration documents with DVLA.
Use the manual make/model selection forms for Eurotunnel and phone your insurer let them know of the reg instead.
Thanks for the info on that - Insurance were happy to use the make/model (only £90 more from my RX450h :D ) and number plate to give me a quote , and eurotunnel was able to enter the reg into the last payment page so that the ANPR works at the gates

Interesting, mine is Q3 and I've been put off ordering them due to that message. Might post something in the accessories thread and see what comes back

As for the parcel shelf, I agree it does make a difference. Mine's hardly ever in the car though due to the dog!
Well, dogs also provide great insulation and they are more fun than shelves.

• Funny
Reactions: MattG5
Bit of a random question, but can anyone tell me what tyres UK MY LR's come with as standard? I'm leasing through Octopus and they have assured me it will be all seasons of some sort.
Shanghai built Q2 Cars came, as standard, with Hancooks. I don't know if they are all season but I would think so. I have never chosen season specific tyres when replacing; I have assumed that the "normal" top end tyres are all season suitable.

Last edited:
Just called them again as its still not sorted. They said there were issues and had nothing to worry about. Nothing, other than 56k unaccounted for that is !
Me too. Sent 5k last Friday, still not showing. Have sent a text and been told the same thing. There's some known issue, and it'll all be fine....

Just when i thought this process could not get any more ridiculous, or stress inducing !