Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected the car yesterday, the whole process took less than 5mins. The car wasn’t spotless had some dirt near the front, didn’t say anything as the weather was terrible.

Attachments

• D91E1337-CF11-436B-A393-C4C4333A0056.jpeg
    D91E1337-CF11-436B-A393-C4C4333A0056.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 6C8ABFD1-B00D-4B30-99B5-00F4C2CE1986.jpeg
    6C8ABFD1-B00D-4B30-99B5-00F4C2CE1986.jpeg
    470.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 97D8CD6E-F153-4200-85CE-3EA96A71FC59.jpeg
    97D8CD6E-F153-4200-85CE-3EA96A71FC59.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 65
Got mine this morning at 0930 (an hour an a half earlier than start of estimated time slot). Online forms signed at 10 and confirmed. But not appeared in app yet. Apparently that process takes up to 24h.

First impression. Beautiful to drive. Absolutely love it!! I'll post pictures probably tomorrow but no USS. No powered frunk. No upgraded seats (I think). No idea what cameras. None of which feels like it matters at the moment.

Got mine this morning at 0930 (an hour an a half earlier than start of estimated time slot). Online forms signed at 10 and confirmed. But not appeared in app yet. Apparently that process takes up to 24h.

First impression. Beautiful to drive. Absolutely love it!! I'll post pictures probably tomorrow but no USS. No powered frunk. No upgraded seats (I think). No idea what cameras. None of which feels like it matters at the moment.
Tease us with pics!

Happy for everyone receiving their deliveries this quarter!
Seems we have been lucky enough to get a delivery date on the 12th of December 😁

How long before delivery day did you find out your number plate? Trying to sort out a quote for switchover of insurance policy but Churchill are adamant they need a reg number…

Seems we have been lucky enough to get a delivery date on the 12th of December 😁

How long before delivery day did you find out your number plate? Trying to sort out a quote for switchover of insurance policy but Churchill are adamant they need a reg number…
I got mine around 15 days. Remember that most comparison site quotes are valid for 30 days so you can do them without a reg and then when you get the text, click and buy.

Reactions: Vidyutyaan

Maybe ours was a special case as vin appeared 11th Nov and took delivery 25th. But after a few days I asked on live chat for reg and they texted it immediately.

One little thing we noticed. Put the car on charge before heading out for a night out. Got home just now car at 80% as set. Could not get charger to release. In spite of following instructions. Mrs McChimp unlocked the car and then could remove the charger. Need to check that out. If we did something wrong would be happy to hear what!!

One little thing we noticed. Put the car on charge before heading out for a night out. Got home just now car at 80% as set. Could not get charger to release. In spite of following instructions. Mrs McChimp unlocked the car and then could remove the charger. Need to check that out. If we did something wrong would be happy to hear what!!
The car doesn’t release the charger once attached to the car, even if it reaches the charge limit.

The car has to be unlocked, and if it is charging for any reason the chargeport has to be manually unlocked too. In addition - even if the car has reached the charge limit, if you unlock the car and open a door, and climate comes on, the car will try and use shore power for it, so may re-lock the charging cable again.

The car doesn’t release the charger once attached to the car, even if it reaches the charge limit.

The car has to be unlocked, and if it is charging for any reason the chargeport has to be manually unlocked too. In addition - even if the car has reached the charge limit, if you unlock the car and open a door, and climate comes on, the car will try and use shore power for it, so may re-lock the charging cable again.
Thanks. I kind of figured out it maybe didn't release the cable whilst locked as someone could just unplug you if you were away from car.

Delivery was a bit of a rollercoaster as he phoned me to say he was coming in 40 minutes and asked to check the postcode, and then realised I wasn’t his next delivery after all 😂
On the second attempt he called to say he was 10 minutes away so I started walking to our agreed drop off point where there would be some space for his transporter, then got a call telling me there was an accident with blue flashing lights everywhere.
On the third attempt he did deliver, now in the dark, although he stopped in the wrong place so I had to walk up the hill 😣
But he did think to put the climate on for me and warm the car up.

Car M3 RWD MSM had 7 miles on the clock, latest firmware installed!?, 44% battery. Took it round the block to check it drove ok and then waited for daylight in the morning. Charged overnight and its a lovely feeling to get in a car knowing its certain to be full on leaving regardless of yesterdays journey. Tested the house electric load management in the Zappi by putting all the night storage heaters on and the electric shower, and the Zappi limited the charge so the total was 23kW/100A - perfect! Clever stuff we have these days. By the morning the Zappi said it supplied 38.5kWh and the car said it added 37.1kWh. 96% charging efficiency, I’ll take that. Car was in the app by 10am. Found out you can open and drive it with just the app and no key at all. Both cables and USB stick present and correct, no USS of course which doesnt bother me as I have never used them. Paint perfect to my standards (I dont do shiny) couldn’t see any swirls or marks, and panel gaps faultless.

The side and rear cameras are perfect for parking anyway in the absence of USS and in reverse the side mirrors spin down to show the kerb edges, really nice touch that, since the cameras show the relative positions of surroundings anyway. The reversing camera is about 50 times better than the blur on my Lexus in the dark. The driver side mirror cant be positioned right out to blind spot position which has been my preference in the past, but with the side cameras pointing at the blind spot its covered, just feels a little odd to indicate right and look to the left at the screen rather than right at the road and the mirror, but I’m sure thats easy to get accustomed to. Having speedo to the left is no problem, its so close anyway, and I like not having to see past the steering wheel, which is not always convenient anyway.

I test drove an LR for 3 hours as I had to take my wife out in it as she is ill and has right of veto for suspension she cant cope with (usually the soft ones with lots of movement / roll). I hadn’t driven a RWD having decided the RWD would be fast enough and the range is not so different at present. So I floored it and thought it didnt seem very quick. Then remembered to put it in normal mode, and that was quite fast enough thank you and put it straight back in chill. With a quick mental note how to get to normal mode if I do want to get a move on 😜 Its not the mind warping push of the LR, but its definitely fast.

My one concern when I drove the LR was that the suspension was a bit busy, lots of little jiggles and adjustments, but i had forgotten about that by the end of the test drive so decided it was ok. I had the same experience today, my first reaction was omg there are so many little movements, but they are quite subtle so although its all happening I soon forgot about it, and I guess its the price of THAT ROADHOLDING. This car is bolted down. When I got my Lexus IS it was far the best modern car I had owned and corners nicely on the country roads round here, but the Tesla feels much more glued down and much much more responsive in the steering. It’s chuckable, but in a friendly in control sort of way. Big grin.

The seat is firm and has a much more prominent lumbar support. I like both of these so far. The Lexus IS seat is like an armchair, and thats not necessarily a good thing when you are driving.

The rear view slot is tiny, but I guess thats the price of aerodynamics and a decent size boot, and its enough to see with.

There are no tie downs in the boot. I didnt know that was coming. That will annoy me I will have to put some in as I carry a bunch of plastic totes around the whole time.

The sound system seemed very acceptable although I didnt focus on testing it, and I’m a fussy musician / audiophile so thats a very good start for any in car system.

280 wh/m on my 30 mile spin, but I booted it up some hills so thats a fair start.

All said, thats a 10/10 so far.

No puncture kit at all. Do we just phone breakdown these days? Thats a turnaround from the days where if you didnt have a spare ready you could say bye bye to your free assistance.

1669483171847.jpeg

Last edited: