Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 PUSH. From where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

number12

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2016
Tesla
Tesla says 4th quarter will match record breaking 3rd... but how?

the negatives of 4th are well known.

Shorter quarter

Colder weather in much of the country

And no matter what people say paying full price for a Dec 16 car vs waiting a few weeks for a Jan 17 car seems strange, but I guess getting tax credit earlier might level that a little bit

Now what will boost it?

Sales strategy (discounts/programs). Latest tweet seems to suggest against that.

New hardware?
AP 2.0, folding X seats, non-P 100D, etc.

Shorter quarter

And no matter what people say paying full price for a Dec 16 car vs waiting a few weeks for a Jan 17 car seems strange, but I guess getting tax credit earlier might level that a little bit

Now what will boost it?

Sales strategy (discounts/programs). Latest tweet seems to suggest against that.

New hardware?

Historically for Tesla Q4 has always been the biggest quarter of the year for selling cars going back to 2013. I guess we will see if this year is any different.

Reactions: AndreN and ggnykk

Shorter quarter

Now what will boost it?

New hardware?
Cars in transit. Overseas deliveries.

Historically for Tesla Q4 has always been the biggest quarter of the year for selling cars going back to 2013. I guess we will see if this year is any different.

Helpful chart attached.

Seems like every quarter was basically up till this year. This year was effected by X.

Attachments

• IMG_4687.PNG
    IMG_4687.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Informative
Reactions: Brovane
Now what will boost it?

New hardware?

I'd be happy to see any of that new hardware. The lack of folding seats caused me to put my X reservation on hold and move to order an S. I'd love to see the ultra white seats in a non-P model as well.

In Colorado, the state tax credit changes from a maximum of $6000 this year to a maximum of $5000 next year. I know of a few potential buyers who might try to take advantage of that extra $1000.

Reactions: wbrumfiel
And no matter what people say paying full price for a Dec 16 car vs waiting a few weeks for a Jan 17 car seems strange

This is EXACTLY my dilemma. I'm currently scheduled to take delivery in Jan/Feb because I wanted a 2017 VIN but when I saw all of the Q3 incentives being thrown around, I strongly considered taking delivery in Dec.

Due to Elon putting the kibosh on the discounting strategy, I will certainly stick with my 2017 delivery as there is no incentive for me to move up my delivery date.