Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QBE not offering me a renewal on my insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

srwx

"perf_config": "P1"
May 16, 2016
Ballarat, Australia
I just got this instead of my usual renewal email from QBE:

Whilst we've previously covered high-value cars like yours, we've recently decided to withdraw from the prestige market. It means we're no longer insuring prestige vehicles and so will not be sending you an offer to renew.

When I got a quote via Tesla's offering (backed by QBE) it was significantly more expensive than going direct to QBE so I went direct instead. I guess this will also chuck a massive spanner in the 4 year/100000km "New for Old if written off" when insured from new which was a large reason for choosing QBE in the first place.

So annoying.

Are QBE still the underwriters of Tesla's offering?

• Informative
Reactions: powerfactor
Not sure re QBE, but I went RACV as they are the cheapest for me. New for old first 2 years (unlimited km's), on market value now......no claims for me in a long time and I think like a $2k excess...have a few other cars insured so got max discount also....less that $100 per mont....

I always shop around every year. I will just go with the best deal each year.
I have a friend in insurance, who told me that 'loyalty' is a resource they exploit. It's always better to shop around, don't blindly stay with one insurer.