Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QC provincial rebate experience

BrunoB

Mar 24, 2019
Montreal
What is your experience in getting your 8k from the government ?

Do you need to wait to get your official green registration through the mail before you make your request or are you able to just use the temporary given to you by Tesla on delivery.

How long was your wait ?

duanra

Dec 14, 2018
Montreal
About 3 months, I just uploaded the paper work Tesla sent me. The whole thing was done same day of delivery. But again, it took 3 months to receive the check.
And for the green plate, the delivery guys screwed it on the car the day I picked up the car.

Threader

Apr 16, 2019
Montreal
Looks like it's going to be a few weeks before the new private company contracted out by the QC government starts accepting and processing rebates again. Really sucks. I haven't been able submit my PDF document package from Tesla since the day I took delivery.

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
About 3 months, I just uploaded the paper work Tesla sent me. The whole thing was done same day of delivery. But again, it took 3 months to receive the check.
And for the green plate, the delivery guys screwed it on the car the day I picked up the car.
<*ahem*> cheque.

Let's avoid creeping Americanisms up here. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Gen3 and Vawlkus

Mtl_T3sla

Aug 18, 2017
Canada
Pm sent!

I am in the West Island

Where in the west island? I'm thinking of getting partial coverage ppf for my 3.

As for my rebate, I picked up my car on April 23, applied online with all necessary documents, got an email 2 weeks ago to finalize some details. Last week, status of application got approved. Now just waiting for my cheque.

tongw

May 11, 2019
Canada
I submitted the request and ... that’s it? No confirmation email or anything?

I can see the status under “my requests” being “submitted”.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC