Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QEW HOV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently upgraded my 2018 LR RWD to HW3 courtesy of a 3 year hold of Tesla Stock and I'm wondering about others experience with the HOV lanes on the QEW and navigate on autopilot.

It seems to want to move to the right out of the HOV lanes every once and a while. Up until now I've been using the turn signal confirmation setting - more for my piece of mind, and ignoring that request to change lanes. But if I change to no confirmation required will it bounce across the HOV lanes given there is a solid line??

Also noticed recently that the nighttime lights are on more often during the day (overcast weather). Anyone else noticed that change? Or maybe I've never really paid attention to it.

I recently upgraded my 2018 LR RWD to HW3 courtesy of a 3 year hold of Tesla Stock and I'm wondering about others experience with the HOV lanes on the QEW and navigate on autopilot.

It seems to want to move to the right out of the HOV lanes every once and a while. Up until now I've been using the turn signal confirmation setting - more for my piece of mind, and ignoring that request to change lanes. But if I change to no confirmation required will it bounce across the HOV lanes given there is a solid line??

Also noticed recently that the nighttime lights are on more often during the day (overcast weather). Anyone else noticed that change? Or maybe I've never really paid attention to it.
This has been the case since navigate on autopilot came out. The HOV lanes aren't tagged properly in the maps because the stretch on the 403 don't have the same issue. I've done the bug report this maybe 500 times now, and I just don't use NOA.

I made a detailed thread on this way back when if you search for it.

Reactions: corlaandstan
This has been the case since navigate on autopilot came out. The HOV lanes aren't tagged properly in the maps because the stretch on the 403 don't have the same issue. I've done the bug report this maybe 500 times now, and I just don't use NOA.

I made a detailed thread on this way back when if you search for it.
Maybe a 'bunch' of us need to post this bug report to get more response? Could you post the method to post such a report as I imagine many more would participate if they knew how? Thanks...

Maybe a 'bunch' of us need to post this bug report to get more response? Could you post the method to post such a report as I imagine many more would participate if they knew how? Thanks...
You click the voice command button on the steering wheel and say 'bug report' then report what happened. So I say ' bug report, Navigate on Autopilot tried to take me out of the HOV lane'....you have to be quick because you only have like 3 or 4 seconds to record the clip.

I am not sure however if tesla gets the reports right away. A guy at tesla once told me the bug reports are stored on the car and only get uploaded when you go in for service.

That being said it's good to do for other things as well 'just incase'. I've had times where my mirrors don't return after tilting down in reverse.... I've actually disabled this feature since it would fail to return to normal mirror tilt a couple times a week and with the cameras now I basically don't need to use the mirrors anyway.