Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Qi Wireless Charging Poll: Jeda or Nomad?

Qi Wireless Charging: Jeda or Nomad?

• Jeda

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Nomad

Votes: 67 80.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeda.

I pre-ordered before they came out and got an early build but it was warped and didn't stick. I emailed the company and they sent a prepaid envelope and a brand new pad. The new one has 6 stickers, is perfectly flat, looks OEM and works GREAT! I highly recommend it.

got jeda and i love it for my phone. i got a samsung and i hooked it up to the 12v socket for more power. does anyone have recommendations on good weather mats?
Tesla just released OEM ones that I have and they work well.

I have both (one for each M3), and I highly recommend the Nomad.

My problem with the Jeda is that it doesn’t have much of a lip to hold the phone. When I put my phone on the pad, sometimes it slips down into the console. Other times, I put it correctly, but while accelerating / cornering / braking, the phone will slide off and down into the console.

My phone is a case-less iPhoneXs, so part of the problem might be that it is slippery (although my wife has a case on her phone and it slips too).

The Nomad has a pretty big lip at the bottom which holds the phone very steady.

We actually have a second Nomad on order, and will be selling the Jeda at some point (the 2nd version of the Nomad is not supposed to ship until the end of the month).

Reactions: Dana1 and Jimmy 1
I have both (one for each M3), and I highly recommend the Nomad.

My problem with the Jeda is that it doesn’t have much of a lip to hold the phone. When I put my phone on the pad, sometimes it slips down into the console. Other times, I put it correctly, but while accelerating / cornering / braking, the phone will slide off and down into the console.

My phone is a case-less iPhoneXs, so part of the problem might be that it is slippery (although my wife has a case on her phone and it slips too).

The Nomad has a pretty big lip at the bottom which holds the phone very steady.

We actually have a second Nomad on order, and will be selling the Jeda at some point (the 2nd version of the Nomad is not supposed to ship until the end of the month).

I have both as well and I approve Ronm's message.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
what is the difference with the second version of the Nomad?

The original Nomad had a battery inside the unit for fast charging.

From Nomad: "Through our testing over the past 9 months, we have noticed incremental improvements to the USB ports - especially with the latest V9.0 update - which now allow an output of 2A (10W) for each of the front ports. Therefore, the battery is no longer necessary in achieving dual 7.5W wireless charging. Your phones will charge just as fast with Gen 2 as it does with Gen 1 (at 7.5W), there is no difference in performance. We replaced the battery with a steel core to keep the product weighted."

Fyi, for anyone with a phone capable of charging a higher speeds than the 10w Tesla's ports apparently provide since v9. If you provide a higher power source into the Jeda, such as a 15w lighter plug adapter, it will accept it and charge at that rate.

Edit: Jeda recommended I use the back/center socket for the highest speeds.

Last edited:
I love how the Nomad fits and looks and holds the phone.

I don't love that my TWO initial units were defective (would not consistently charge, and instead would blink white/red on the LEDs). I don't love that the Nomad's built-in cables were too short to allow the shelf to be lifted all the way. I didn't love that the battery was built in. I don't love that the new version without the battery is the SAME price as the unit with the battery. And I sure don't love that the replacement product has already taken a month.... and they just said it will be *another* month.

So. I'm really tempted to cancel and get the Jeda. But I just don't know. I want the phones to be held well. And I know that the Nomad does that correctly at least!

Just got the email from Nomad saying product is delayed until Dec 30. Likely will cancel and go a different route. Particularly annoying since my car was not delivered with the standard cables, so I'm using regular (no right angle) cables to keep my phones charged. Didn't want to spend the $ to buy the specific cables if I was just going to get a wireless charger.