Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QLD Event - The Farm, 15th May 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next South East QLD event is coming up on Sunday 15th May at The Farm near Byron Bay. Aside from being a great place to visit, it has particular significance to us all as a Development Application has just been approved by council for a Supercharger site!!

Here's the plan...

By 7:30am Depart the Hyperdome Home Centre Car Park off the Pacific Motorway (Exit 28) opposite the Hungry Jack’s

8:15am Take Exit 79 off the Pacific Motorway to meet Gold Coast owners at the Coles Express / Hungry Jack’s Car Park at Mudgeeraba.

8:30am Get on the Pacific Motorway to drive to The Farm

9:30am Take the Byron Bay exit from the M1 at Ewingsdale and follow the sign to The Farm off the roundabout. (11 Ewingsdale Road, Ewingsdale NSW)

STATS -
From Hungry Jack’s Loganholme to Hungry Jack’s Mudgeeraba is 53 km
From Hungry Jack’s Mudgeeraba to The Farm is 80 km
One Way Trip is 133 kms (Loganholme to The Farm)
Return trip is 266 kms (Loganholme return)

Some notes about this day:-
What is the purpose of this adventure? The opportunity to drive in convoy with other Teslas to captivate public interest, meet fellow Tesla owners, experience the offerings of “The Farm” and display support for a (now slightly stronger than rumoured!) Tesla Supercharging Station at this location.

For the Brisbane adventurers make sure you have sufficient charge to cover the 266km round trip + the distance from your home to the Loganholme meeting point.

It’s an early start so that we maximise the opportunity to have a pleasant experience at “The Farm”. If we arrive around 9:30am people can order breakfast / brunch independently and it won’t be peak hour. The Farm gets extremely busy over the weekend and they don’t take reservations even for large groups. There are no formal plans for this day except step out of your comfort zone and mingle with strangers who own the same amazing car as you.

The Farm has a bitumen car park but the entrance to this, although short, is unsealed.

It is acknowledged that this event is not perfectly suitable for the Sunshine Coast owners and we will have to make up for this at the following event being held in June at Hinze Dam.

Any questions? Feel free to call or SMS Bernie 0419 410 410

Brochure for the day is attached!

Attachments

• Tesla Event 15th May.pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LGGD
Cool... I'm in Robina - if you need a top up I have 3P 32A.

Kind of you to offer. I can and have charged from a 32A 3phase source (Coff's Harbour showgrounds) so I do have all the right cables and the Universal Mobil Connector but I do not have dual chargers so I'm limited to 16A per phase (about 11.5kW), an improvement (about 56%) on the J1772 I can use at Stockland's Burleigh Heads shopping centre.

Last edited:
A great event today, awesome bunch of people and a great location. 13 cars today, which is pretty good considering how far south we went making it hard for the Sunshine Coast folk. Next event at Hinze Dam will be much easier for all!
Cars 2.JPG

Inside.JPG

Cars 1.JPG
SC spot.JPG

Reactions: Novatec
Did you guys get a group special on white paint up there?

It is by far the most popular colour in QLD (plain or pearl) due to the hot weather. I also have white, but regardless of the climate and all round visibility, I have always liked white cars, and with the black highlights on the Tesla it looks particularly good. Personal preference of course!!

Reactions: LGGD
There's a bit of misconception about white paint in hot climates. The RACQ commissioned research by QUT to look into that matter a while back (6 months to a year). In short, a white car will heat up more slowly than nearly every other colour. However, after fifteen minutes there is no difference in the maximum temperature reached (which varies of course). Unless you're going to be away less than 15 minutes when your car is in the sun, then white paint is of no advantage. Buy the colour you like and turn on the A/C before you get back to the car :cool: