Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QLD Maleny Meetup - 6th March 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GREAT NEWS!

The next Queensland meetup is now confirmed for Maleny Botanical Gardens on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland on Sunday 6th March. With such a pristine location at the end of a very beautiful drive, we should comfortably exceed the 24 cars we had for our last gathering!

We will meet at 11:30am at the Maleny Showgrounds. At least three 3 phase chargers (Marc has two, and I have one) will be available allowing fast addition of more than enough kilometers for those that may need it, while the presentations below are in progress.

Marc Talloen will be speaking to us about his Tasmania adventure, and has a lot of knowledge and experience now on driving to out of the way places, alternative charging options, equipment to bring, advance arrangements to be made and so forth. In addition, Will Hughes will be bringing the components to build a 22kW 3 phase 32Amp charger and doing a DIY demo. Even if you never intend to build one of these, knowledge about how they work and the considerations involved will be invaluable.

After the talks, we will then have a motorcade head to the Botanical Gardens, where a pavilion is being booked for us to share a BYO lunch. We can bring our own lunch, however they do offer Devonshire Tea for $9. Entrance fee to the gardens is $16 per person and children over three are $7 each.

The Botanical Gardens are delighted to have us and will allocate special parking for our Teslas together. They are very keen to have Tesla Destination Chargers installed, and our visit will, I am sure, only add to their enthusiasm. Visiting the botanical gardens and making the aviary tour you can easily spend 3 hours there, making it a perfect place for destination chargers.

Doug Stuckey has very kindly put up his hand to organise the event, and knowing advance numbers will be very important (last event more turned up than booked and catering became a challenge to say the least). If you can come (and admit it, you know you want to!) contact Doug on the Queensland What's App group. If you are not plugged into that, then PM LGGD on TMC and he can get you connected up. Alternatively, you can just let us know your intentions by reply to this post.

Please let us know number of cars AND number of people.

Looking forward to an absolutely awesome day!!

Malaney%20Botanical%20Gardens%20S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I would love to go, but my 70D won't be delivered until June. :(

I'd only just ordered my car at the time of the last get together, and someone kindly offered to give me a lift. It was great to chat to other owners before I got my car (I still dont have it - it's a week or so away now). I see you are on the Gold Coast, which is where I am. If you'd like a ride there PM me and we can work it out.

I'd only just ordered my car at the time of the last get together, and someone kindly offered to give me a lift. It was great to chat to other owners before I got my car (I still dont have it - it's a week or so away now). I see you are on the Gold Coast, which is where I am. If you'd like a ride there PM me and we can work it out.

Thank you for the generous offer! Unfortunately if I go I have to take my wife and my 7-month-old baby along, and logistically it is a challenge, to say the least. But thank you anyway.
I'll try to go to the next gathering once I have my 70D :)

Oh, on a non-related matter. How are you able to add that signature on the bottom of your posts? My assumption is that there is a required minimum number of posts before this feature is enabled.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured it out. He he.

Thank you for the generous offer! Unfortunately if I go I have to take my wife and my 7-month-old baby along, and logistically it is a challenge, to say the least. But thank you anyway.
I'll try to go to the next gathering once I have my 70D :)

No probs, quite understand. Feel free to come in your old technology fossil fueled ICE car though :) .... we wont mind at all, and you would have the opportunity to chat to lots of fellow Tesla drivers.

No probs, quite understand. Feel free to come in your old technology fossil fueled ICE car though :) .... we wont mind at all, and you would have the opportunity to chat to lots of fellow Tesla drivers.

I currently drive a Volt, so I'm mostly electric and partially fossil. :) Its only a little more than 2 years old but I couldn't resist the 70D. :p I was going to get an i3 rex but was put off by the poor communication by BMW Brisbane.

Only a week now until our Maleny meetup on 6th March, and not too late to join in!

I had a visit today from John and Margot Hoad, enroute from a trip up from Sydney to attend. A quick CCC (coffee, chat and charge) before heading on for a bit of touring before joining us on Sunday.

IMG_8585.JPG

Just to repeat myself.

Anyone travelling north to Maleny on Sunday the 6th of March 2016 can get some electrons from me at 137 College Way Boondall 4034 from my Tesla wall connector 40A 240V single phase. Same applies for the return trip from Maleny. If it is not there chances are I am home so just knock on my door.

I'll leave the lead under the garage door and under the eaves (out of the rain I hope).

Last edited:
Oh, on a non-related matter. How are you able to add that signature on the bottom of your posts? My assumption is that there is a required minimum number of posts before this feature is enabled.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured it out. He he.

Hi gcgp,
Hoping to take advantage of your ability to figure things out. How does the signature thing work?
Cheers Richard

Hi gcgp,
Hoping to take advantage of your ability to figure things out. How does the signature thing work?
Cheers Richard
Tap your account icon at the top of the page and select signature from the menu that appears.
Your icon will vary depending on whether you have created an avatar or not. In any case it's the fourth icon from the right at the top RH corner of the page.