Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QQ: Purchased used 2021 Model S through Tesla.com — Should it have come with a Mobile Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, first time Tesla owner and new here. Thanks everyone for the fantastic info, particularly the delivery checklist. The MS is in service getting things the previous owner didn’t get fixed. I am stuck on a particular item…

I ordered a used 2021 MS online and took delivery last weekend. The car didn’t come with a Mobile Connector. I’ve done some reading, so I know Tesla doesn’t offer MCs on new vehicles moving forward, but afaik this model year should have come with one.

So far Tesla hasn’t responded to my question about the MC missing, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they say they no longer offer MCs. My big question is where it went… since the previous owner should have received and (hopefully) returned the car with it.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Good point, @mswlogo. If the old owner bought a new Tesla, he likely kept it for use. In any event, Tesla can and does remove FSD, and other extras that the car was purchased originally with. You need to make sure it has what you expect, and the connector is a new gotcha "accessory". If you notified them quickly it is missing, they may take one out of another car and give it to you. They may not have known it was missing. They also are probably under no obligation to give you one -- but a normal car dealer likely would.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. They did come back saying they don't offer complimentary MCs based on my order date. I wrote back saying it's a used car, wondering if the previous owner might have forgotten to return it, and to see if they could do anything considering my car is in service within a week of taking delivery.

Upvote 0