Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QR code for More Information?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from the many people asking the usual questions when I'm parked/at lights/driving along the freeway(!), I seem to get a lot more people who (understandably) don't really want to approach me, but are happy to snap pics of the car when it's parked up. I'm still amazed at how many people have never heard of Tesla, but, there's lots of them (at least half the people that talk to me, including in my own company), so was wondering it's its worth us having a little QR code that can be scanned for more information? Ideally a window cling, but that's for Tesla to do, so just something taped to the window I guess.

The example below just links to my TMC profile page, so that was one of my questions, should we just have a generic link to Model S | Tesla Motors As an alternative, we could (I assume) each have a more detailed profile page on this site, showing the actual car and spec? It could potentially drive traffic and future owners here, which I assume is a good thing?

tesla QR.jpg

I see QR codes everywhere, including every tradeshow I seem to go to. This infographic is old now, but it shows the exponential growth of QR codes. This report is more up to date, I would think that a large part of the target demographic for the Model S would know what a QR code is, and how to scan it, but, maybe not!