Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

qTes.la - A portal for your Tesla's web browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
qTesla

Hey everybody! I wanted to make a new thread here for my project since my old one was trapped under the Model S interface subforum. I have been working on this site on and off for 2 years, basically for personal use, but found a lot of people enjoyed using it in their cars. I helped push HTML5 geolocation support in the browser years ago and now we can all benefit! I am looking for feedback and suggestions! In the mean time, here is a description:

The site, in its current iteration, gives local weather forecast, localized weather radar, plugshare, waze, and stock price reporting. There is also a clock mode for the homepage and a help screen explaining the product.

• The forecast page uses the free forecast.io (people behind darksky) api to present weather data and severe weather alerts.
  • The radar page hits the weather underground API to get the animated gif radar image. I only get 500 of these requests a day without upgrading to a 5000/day ($300/mo) or 100k/day ($600/mo) plan. I have only ever peaked at 250/day, so we will have to see how it goes. I have a donation button on the help page for when this time comes.
  • The plugshare page has an iframe pointing to PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find the nearest location to charge your electric car!
  • The waze page has an iframe pointing to Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic
  • The stock page hits the yahoo finance API to return some basic data.

This project is on github here: GitHub - JaredBanyard/qTesla: A Web Portal for the Tesla Web Browser
The reddit post for this project is here: http://qTes.la - An Update for the Tesla Screen Web Portal • /r/teslamotors

Known Issues:
* iframe resizing on plugshare and waze pages when the browser is change to/from full screen. (reload page as workaround).

qTesla

Hey everybody! I wanted to make a new thread here for my project since my old one was trapped under the Model S interface subforum. I have been working on this site on and off for 2 years, basically for personal use, but found a lot of people enjoyed using it in their cars. I helped push HTML5 geolocation support in the browser years ago and now we can all benefit! I am looking for feedback and suggestions! In the mean time, here is a description:

The site, in its current iteration, gives local weather forecast, localized weather radar, plugshare, waze, and stock price reporting. There is also a clock mode for the homepage and a help screen explaining the product.

• The forecast page uses the free forecast.io (people behind darksky) api to present weather data and severe weather alerts.
  • The radar page hits the weather underground API to get the animated gif radar image. I only get 500 of these requests a day without upgrading to a 5000/day ($300/mo) or 100k/day ($600/mo) plan. I have only ever peaked at 250/day, so we will have to see how it goes. I have a donation button on the help page for when this time comes.
  • The plugshare page has an iframe pointing to PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find the nearest location to charge your electric car!
  • The waze page has an iframe pointing to Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic
  • The stock page hits the yahoo finance API to return some basic data.

This project is on github here: GitHub - JaredBanyard/qTesla: A Web Portal for the Tesla Web Browser
The reddit post for this project is here: http://qTes.la - An Update for the Tesla Screen Web Portal • /r/teslamotors

Known Issues:
* iframe resizing on plugshare and waze pages when the browser is change to/from full screen. (reload page as workaround).

I love the site and use it daily. Do you think there will eventually be a charge to use it?

@JaredBanyard, It looks like this service died back on April 1. I found the radar page on this extremely useful. Maybe you were bumping up against the limits on the free Wunderground account. The domain status is showing clientHold/autoRenewPeriod, so it looks like the domain was just let to expire.

Any chance you'll restore the domain or do you want to maybe transfer ownership to someone? Even if it doesn't get hosted elsewhere, I should be able to just download your html source from GitHub and load that on my own web server.