Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

qTes.la

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That huge red screen with the Tesla logo is too distracting for me. How about a nice gray analog clock there instead.
Otherwise, very nice on the 5.8 browser, but I got some IE restarts in going to plugshare (IE for WIn 8.1). Also, could not log on to plugshare in IE, works in the car.

I don't think what happens in IE really matters for qTes.la or Plugshare sites optimized for the Model S browser*

On the new page, are you interlacing/alternating current news articles with articles about Tesla?

* As a web developer myself, what fails in IE is most likely Microsoft's fault, and not the fault of the website. Also, IE 8 is a *very* old version of IE which is up to version 11 now.. not that it's really any better at adhering to *any* web standards. (edit: Sorry, I've mistaken Win 8 for IE 8 in your post. Nevermind ;) )

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, but yeah, a nice clock option (or several clock themes) would be a great addition.

Any of these jump out at you guys?

CoolClock - The Javascript Analog Clock

I like the Swiss Rail Clock myself:
article-2206766-1521CBAB000005DC-52_306x423.jpg

How about linking to the teslatime clock?

http://dash.time4tesla.com/

WOW!!!!

Careful on that swiss railway clock, they sued Apple for it's use of the clock as well. You're on a smaller scale, I know, but just be prudent.

funny -- I couldn't remember the name of the clock, so I googled "apple clock lawsuit" to find it.

But I seriously doubt the Swiss Rail people are going to find out about, or even care about a clock app that a few dozen or hundred people use.

How about linking to the teslatime clock?

http://dash.time4tesla.com/

I like it, but it doesn't scale or embed very well...

Also skeuomorphism needs to die. I really dislike Tesla sticking with it. Android killed, Apple finally followed suit with iOS 7, it's time for Tesla to kill it to.

- - - Updated - - -

funny -- I couldn't remember the name of the clock, so I googled "apple clock lawsuit" to find it.

But I seriously doubt the Swiss Rail people are going to find out about, or even care about a clock app that a few dozen or hundred people use.

Yeah it's not like I'm making any money off this.

I hadn't heard of skeuomorphism before (had to google it)... but where is Tesla using it?

The entire touchscreen interface is using "realistic looking materials" instead of using modern, flat, efficient UI design. Skinning things with carbon fiber backgrounds, aluminum bars, and hovering objects, is just a waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no.. Looks like I'm already hitting API limits on Weather Underground... ugh.

Temperatures are localized now for our international friends. (Celcius)

Severe weather alerts are only checked if they are in the US (to reduce API calls). I will get charged $1 for every 10,000 API calls per day over the first 1000. We will see :p

Time to add international radar.